The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Any price we'd likely sell him for will be a rip off. There's absolutely no reason to sell him. I'd do a complete 180 on NSWE if it happens. As it were, I'm quietly confident they'll get him to sign that new contract.

On 29/06/2021 at 16:02, Thug said:

No Mount… and still no Grealish.

Midfield of rice and Philips 

what an utter **** disgrace 

call me unpatriotic, call me childish, call me whatever you want.

I hope we’re 3-0 down by half time.

(I’ll calm down in 30 minutes I think)

That's why our pivot, is so crucial to get right.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

When did the term pivot for a midfield become a popular thing and why? I'm assuming FIFA or something, because I am old.

I don't know but it's REALLY starting to pivot me off

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

When did the term pivot for a midfield become a popular thing and why? I'm assuming FIFA or something, because I am old.

Its just a means of communicating....if this is the new word, I use it.....I think it relates to the the 2 in front of the back four, not just "Midfield" ....its a part of the midfield, not sure where it came from,or when, but who cares as long as folk understand the reference.

It used to be called the "Centre Mids", but I guess in a 4-2-3-1 it could be confusing to mean 2 of the 3.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know but it's REALLY starting to pivot me off

I know what you mean, but its just terminology......its like "Overload" and the disappearenace of "Sweeper".....where has sweeper gone to?.....presumably someone still does it.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know what you mean, but its just terminology......its like "Overload" and the disappearenace of "Sweeper".....where has sweeper gone to?.....presumably someone still does it.

The sweepers are now the lads in the high vis jackets that do a quick sweep of the rows of seats after the game.😉

And to answer it seriously, it's mostly the keepers that do it nowadays I suppose which has led to another new term - Sweeper Keeper.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just a means of communicating....if this is the new word, I use it.....I think it relates to the the 2 in front of the back four, not just "Midfield" ....its a part of the midfield, not sure where it came from,or when, but who cares as long as folk understand the reference.

It used to be called the "Centre Mids", but I guess in a 4-2-3-1 it could be confusing to mean 2 of the 3.

To Pivot is a movement not a form of communication. I don't know why it is used other for a shitter way of explaining that 2 DM's are on the pitch and receive the ball facing their goal and then pivot to release the ball. It's stupid terminology tbh. 

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The sweepers are now the lads in the high vis jackets that do a quick sweep of the rows of seats after the game.😉

And to answer it seriously, it's mostly the keepers that do it nowadays I suppose which has led to another new term - Sweeper Keeper.

and in the case of Scotlands David Marshall......"Sweeper, Keeper, must play Deeper"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

To Pivot is a movement not a form of communication. I don't know why it is used other for a shitter way of explaining that 2 DM's are on the pitch and receive the ball facing their goal and then pivot to release the ball. It's stupid terminology tbh. 

As you say, it's a word used to communicate the action of "receiving the ball facing their goal and then pivot to release the ball". It's reducing the number of words from 13 to 1 which is actually the opposite of stupid. It's actually pretty clever.

It's just language in general and it doesn't matter whether you're discussing football, engineering, medicine, gardening or some other topic. The words used will always develop and change constantly.

Edited by sparrow1988

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think you have misconstrued my context......I meant, the using of the word pivot is for communication,purposes..... its to explain a reference to the 2 DM's, yes....in lieu of saying 2 Dms.

why its used, I don't know.....I would suspect creative writers,pundits, like to spice up text or conversation , by using new words or references..

I guess it would be a bit bland, in using the same stuff repeatedly, hence the shift.

Been waiting for a Grealish to Kane assist at a major tournament for like 3 years now. Even though I've soured on Kane a bit in the last couple of years, he's still one of my favourite players, that was such a great moment. Jack made it look so easy.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

That's why our pivot, is so crucial to get right.

Did you see Sterling interview, where he said the midfield two of " Declan and Rice " were brilliant? 🤣

He totally forgot Phillips existed.

Hopefully someone can find and link it, from last night.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you see Sterling interview, where he said the midfield two of " Declan and Rice " were brilliant? 🤣

He totally forgot Phillips existed.

Hopefully someone can find and link it, from last night.

I heard him make reference to the centre 2 , but missed that bit......but, shows how crucial that centre is.....They were dogged and dilligent, but it's not eye candy JV, so it gets overlooked in some quarters.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Been waiting for a Grealish to Kane assist at a major tournament for like 3 years now. Even though I've soured on Kane a bit in the last couple of years, he's still one of my favourite players, that was such a great moment. Jack made it look so easy.

Jack, always makes it look easy.....Kane has not been getting the service.....not silver service like Jack gives.

Harry knew too, That Jack has fired him back in to this Tournament.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

If we win the final you can add 50m to Jacks fee 🤤

Surely he goes from ‘Not for Sale’ to ‘Not for Sale’ or ‘Priceless’ to ‘Priceless’ 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

As you say, it's a word used to communicate the action of "receiving the ball facing their goal and then pivot to release the ball". It's reducing the number of words from 13 to 1 which is actually the opposite of stupid. It's actually pretty clever.

It's just language in general and it doesn't matter whether you're discussing football, engineering, medicine, gardening or some other topic. The words used will always develop and change constantly.

I assumed the pivot to mean that the two holding midfielders had an imaginary ‘pivot’ point between them.  A bit like a seesaw.  The further forward one of them is, the further back the other is.  Supposedly allowing both of them ‘creative freedom’ so long as the other is covering defensive duty.

• Like 1

Â