The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Woodytom said:

If grealish is used as any sort of deal regarding Rhodes then il be royally **** off. Not necessarily because I rate grealish highly - I actually think he has a lot to prove - I just don't get bruce's obsession with Rhodes. 

For me it should be simply, right here's 6m for Rhodes. What you want more? Tell you what...... **** off.

Agreed. We sold Gestede to them for what, £6m? It took him all of about 20 minutes of his Premier League career to score more goals up there than Rhodes ever has. So anything more than that and they can do one.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

If grealish is used as any sort of deal regarding Rhodes then il be royally **** off. Not necessarily because I rate grealish highly - I actually think he has a lot to prove - I just don't get bruce's obsession with Rhodes. 

For me it should be simply, right here's 6m for Rhodes. What you want more? Tell you what...... **** off.

I don't know if Bruce has an obsession with Rhodes, but the papers do. Clinical striker at this level and available, club with money who don't score enough goals, it's an easy click. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we do get him, but it won't be for some fanciful Grealish swap, or even £12m. It might be somewhere in the middle but they will look to shift players first, I'd think. 

For me. I'd be disappointed to see him go particularly now we have so many more quality midfielders  But I don't think it's such a big deal if he does leave.. he's gotta raise his game between now and the end of the season or his prodigal child status is gonna dissappear pretty rapidly. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How?

His attitude. On and off the field. Seems like an ungrateful brat. Maybe I'm totally off the mark but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sell him.  In fact I think Championship will remain his level anyway. 

I also think it's bullshit that boro even want him.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

His attitude. On and off the field. Seems like an ungrateful brat. Maybe I'm totally off the mark but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sell him.  In fact I think Championship will remain his level anyway. 

I also think it's bullshit that boro even want him.  

I don't see it and I don't understand where it's coming from? He had some disciplinary problems off the field, I don't think that makes him an ungrateful brat? He was a 19/20 year old lad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't see it and I don't understand where it's coming from? He had some disciplinary problems off the field, I don't think that makes him an ungrateful brat? He was a 19/20 year old lad. 

Fair enough. I just don't think he is even that good! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

So, I have inherited this large block of land. There is a lot of rubbish on it, it costs me a bit to maintain, but it is in a great location and has a lot of potential. Already, I have received some mildly generous offers. Since I have inherited it, if I sold it now, I already would make a profit. But if I invest the time and money into it, get rid of the rubbish, it will be worth many times more than the best offer. If I put a house on it, or even consider subdividing in the future, it will be worth even more. Maybe I don't really want to sell it all, because it is something that is mine, and once I sell it, its gone, along with whatever future I dream to have with it.

So, selling Grealish, is that really good business?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

So, I have inherited this large block of land. There is a lot of rubbish on it, it costs me a bit to maintain, but it is in a great location and has a lot of potential. Already, I have received some mildly generous offers. Since I have inherited it, if I sold it now, I already would make a profit. But if I invest the time and money into it, get rid of the rubbish, it will be worth many times more than the best offer. If I put a house on it, or even consider subdividing in the future, it will be worth even more. Maybe I don't really want to sell it all, because it is something that is mine, and once I sell it, its gone, along with whatever future I dream to have with it.

So, selling Grealish, is that really good business?

Analogies are fun.  But they all have weaknesses.  This one assumes the value will increase with a bit of care and attention and time.   IMO the more we treat Jack as a golden child, the less likely he is to come good and increase value.   If you assume or guarantee he will rise to all his obvious  potential with some time, care and tending.  I would agree we should keep him at all costs.  I'm just more inclined to assume the opposite.  I think it's more likely he will not mature to his potential.  

24 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Analogies are fun.  But they all have weaknesses.  This one assumes the value will increase with a bit of care and attention and time.   IMO the more we treat Jack as a golden child, the less likely he is to come good and increase value.   If you assume or guarantee he will rise to all his obvious  potential with some time, care and tending.  I would agree we should keep him at all costs.  I'm just more inclined to assume the opposite.  I think it's more likely he will not mature to his potential.  

There's a middle ground between treating him like a golden child and sending him to Middlesbrough.

I know you realise that, just thought it worth reiterating. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philgetaway said:

Do we have to slag off Westwood in every thread?

When he met Trump, he should've stood up for decent values. Instead, he supplicated and kowtowed.

His advice in the 'Relationships' thread has destroyed families.

He deserves all he gets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Who are these people treating Jack like a golden child exactly, the fans saying not to sell him? the manager that's dropped him a few times?

IMO those that say he cannot, must not be sold are.   Any player can and should be sold if the price is right.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

IMO those that say he cannot, must not be sold are.   Any player can and should be sold if the price is right.

And that's why we are where we are now.

Straight from the Randy Lerner's Sporting Club Owner's Handbook.

• Like 3

Â