The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Watching Marco Reus playing for Dortmund on Saturday I couldn't help but think Jack could be a similar type of player for us. 

Both have that confident swagger, great natural ability and an astute football brain.

If he was half as good as Reus I'd be happy.

Watching Marco Reus playing for Dortmund on Saturday I couldn't help but think Jack could be a similar type of player for us. 

Both have that confident swagger, great natural ability and an astute football brain.

If he was half as good as Reus I'd be happy.

That's a great shout. Both look effortless on the ball and glide past players with a mix of pace, amazing close control and skill. 

Again, Rues is the more accomplished at this time, but Jack has the potential to be as good. 

In my humble opinion. 

I've always seen Jack as being a Lallana type player, but with infinitely more potential than Lallana. Basically Grealish has little pace but still ghosts past players and can do magic on the ball.

Reus is a lot faster than people give him credit for. And if that 'hitting the ball with the other ball' video is real, then ball control that none of our players will ever get close to.

I'd be very happy if he becomes our 'poor mans Reus' though, because if he's half the player Reus is he'll be our best player.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Good to hear he's getting some minutes and Im looking forward to him being about the first team again soon.

I don't have the same belief in him as the majority here. I am right behind the lad and I'm desperate for him to become more effective and establish himself in the first team but I think that's some way off yet - imho. Bags of potential though and hopefully he gets a run out with the first team soon.

Just read Sherwood's comments and it seems likely jack will play some part. I'd love to see him and Traore start either side of Gestede, with Veretout played in a more central attacking position.

Edited by DCJonah

My favourite moment was when Grealish was fed the ball in the box, worked himself a shooting opportunity which was saved, picked himself up and collected the rebound, dribbled past three defenders back out of the box, then shook off two other opponents to pass the ball back along the edge of the penalty area to set up another attack.

He could have just stayed on the floor after his initial shot.

Â