The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The key for me isn't the incident itself, it's the reaction. Gresford went down, and within seconds looked up and went to spring back up. He never looked at the ref, he never asked for anything.

He jumped out of the way and wanted to get up quickly to chase the ball. The ref was too hasty to make up for a previous mistake and made a bad decision. Simple.

That's it for me. Evening up his earlier mistake.

Edited by sexbelowsound

The key for me isn't the incident itself, it's the reaction. Gresford went down, and within seconds looked up and went to spring back up. He never looked at the ref, he never asked for anything.

He jumped out of the way and wanted to get up quickly to chase the ball. 

I think you need to watch it again. None of this is true.

Edited by Stevo985

He jumped out of the way and wanted to get up quickly to chase the ball. 

I think you need to watch it again. None of this is true.

I've seen it plenty. He goes down, looks up at the ball, puts his hands on the ground to push himself back up, and then turns around because the ref blew his whistle. These are facts.

Zero tolerance towards all diving. 

Jack could have and should have stayed on his feet. 

I hate it, whoever they play for. Whether it's professional or down the park. If someone dives in front of me I want to smash their teeth out.

Anything other than doing your best to stay on your feet is cheating.

• Like 1

If that was Berahino and Okore instead of Grealish and Lescott we'd all be siding with the ref.

It was a dive. He doesn't do it to avoid contact. In fact he deliberately kicks Lescott to make sure that there IS contact.

Let's hope he learns from it and cuts it out.

• Like 1

The thing that annoys me the most is players go down easier all the time and it's either play on or given as a foul. The ref decided to book him just to try and make up for sending the West Brom player off, imo.

Didn't look like a dive to me, he moved out of the way to avoid a collision with West Brom player and in doing so he got his feet slightly clipped, and at that speed your going to fall over.

Diving insinuates no contact... There was contact between Grealish and Lescott on the way to Jack hitting the deck...
Whether that is because Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and hit him accidently OR Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and Jack clipped him on purpose to play for the foul... The fact remains, Jack was impeded from running onwards because of a poorly timed tackle from an opposition player...

We should have had a free kick and Jack should never have been sent off...

Diving insinuates no contact... There was contact between Grealish and Lescott on the way to Jack hitting the deck...

Whether that is because Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and hit him accidently OR Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and Jack clipped him on purpose to play for the foul... The fact remains, Jack was impeded from running onwards because of a poorly timed tackle from an opposition player...

On what planet is that not cheating?

Don't worry Jack, next time you'll stay on your feet, get clattered and be injured for a while and Villatalk will tell you that you need to jump and anticipate the contact coming in. 

He'd stand less chance of getting injured by not deliberately sticking his leg out.

"Diving insinuates no contact" It might insinuate it, but it certainly doesn't MEAN no contact.

There was contact, and it was Jack who made it, on purpose (imo)

Don't worry Jack, next time you'll stay on your feet, get clattered and be injured for a while and Villatalk will tell you that you need to jump and anticipate the contact coming in. 

But he made contact. Deliberately.

How can people say he was avoiding contact when he was actively LOOKING for contact.

Personally I think it was probably a dive, but to be sent off was extremely harsh because he never should've been on a yellow anyway. You shouldn't be yellow carded for your first foul, particularly when it's such a minor one. Some of the WBA players were allowed 3 or 4 fouls before being carded, by giving Jack a yellow card for his first foul when there was no need the referee put himself in a situation where he had to hand out a silly red. I think something similar happened to Torres a few seasons back - he was shown a yellow for a very minor foul, then a few minutes later jumped away from a tackle, the ref ran up to show him a yellow for diving and then realised that he'd already given him a yellow and had to send him off, I seem to remember the ref pulling out the yellow then looking instantly like he'd made a mistake when he realised he would have to send him off. The ref was extremely inconsistent on Saturday and lost all control of the game, Jack was a victim of that, but IMO does need to try harder to stay on his feet 

Exactly, you get some 6 ft tank of a centre half commiting himself straight towards you, just plant your leg in the ground and let him bend it 45 degrees the wrong way.

Just another example if a ref who has never played the game.

Dive... all day long.

Let's stop defending the indefensible, it's embarrassing.

So says you but lawro shearer jenas and others say not and I know who I believe (apart from my own eyes and recording replays)

Â