The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope Keane's role here and at Ireland is not the reason grealish has now been left out of the squad.

I'd say the reason he's been left out is because he's been bloody hopeless so far.

He maybe a good prospect but let's not pretend he's pulled up trees in the first team yet.

I hope Keane's role here and at Ireland is not the reason grealish has now been left out of the squad.

I'd say the reason he's been left out is because he's been bloody hopeless so far.

He maybe a good prospect but let's not pretend he's pulled up trees in the first team yet.

Hopeless? Give over. In what way has he been hopeless?

Hopeless? Give over. In what way has he been hopeless?

I've seen him do nothing but give the ball away. What have you seen him do so far in the first team?

Take part in creating a few chances towards the end of the Hull game. He was also massively involved in helping us kill off the game against Hull by drawing fouls. 

I'm sure he has given away the ball but who in our team doesn't?

I can't think of a single thing of note that Grealish has done in a Villa shirt, and I really hope the hype coming from Villa about this kid isn't unfounded. When I've seen him play for the first team he's looked like a little kid out of his depth, and that's why I think he's been dropped.

Lay off the PR hype Villa. If he's a good player he'll naturally rise to the top.

It must be a bit odd being a youngster in the Villa squad with the assistant manager making public comments like that about your dad. 

Maybe they're all old pals and it's all light-hearted and everyone's taking it in good part, but there may also be a case for Mr K buttoning it.

Take part in creating a few chances towards the end of the Hull game. He was also massively involved in helping us kill off the game against Hull by drawing fouls. 

I can't think of a single thing of note that Grealish has done in a Villa shirt, and I really hope the hype coming from Villa about this kid isn't unfounded. When I've seen him play for the first team he's looked like a little kid out of his depth, and that's why I think he's been dropped.

Lay off the PR hype Villa. If he's a good player he'll naturally rise to the top.

I would suggest you pay closer attention next time he plays then.

So if a young kid doesn't come into a team and immediately start pulling up trees he is over-hyped?

What you have to remember is we are a side managed by a blithering idiot who's style of football makes Wimbledon of the '80's look like Barca at their pomp? I don't think CR7 could be put into this current team without being affected by the anti-football philosphy employed by Lambert.

When we have a proper football manager let's see how Jack performs. Lambert has dragged this whole club down when he's gone we will see football being played by our real footballers!

So if a young kid doesn't come into a team and immediately start pulling up trees he is over-hyped?

What you have to remember is we are a side managed by a blithering idiot who's style of football makes Wimbledon of the '80's look like Barca at their pomp? I don't think CR7 could be put into this current team without being affected by the anti-football philosphy employed by Lambert.

When we have a proper football manager let's see how Jack performs. Lambert has dragged this whole club down when he's gone we will see football being played by our real footballers!

Started off so well but you couldn't help but once again blame Lambert could you?

Its the Villatalk grading scale at work again. Its either useless or amazing, or in this instance, hopeless or pulling up trees.

How about he is somewhere in between with the potential to be towards the higher end of the scale?

Started off so well but you couldn't help but once again blame Lambert could you?

Its the Villatalk grading scale at work again. Its either useless or amazing, or in this instance, hopeless or pulling up trees.

How about he is somewhere in between with the potential to be towards the higher end of the scale?

I feel sorry for Jack or any other talented young footballer down VP at the moment having to play under the high priest of ant-football.

What young players need is time on the pitch to develop however as with everything Lambert is all over the place with his squad selections.

And who else other than Lambert am I supposed to blame for footballing decisions? Doris the Tea Lady?

Why is everything PR hype it somebody doesn't agree with you 1982? I've seen you use that phrase on countless occasions now.

Are people not intelligent to form their own opinions?

I don't think I've ever heard so much about a young team Villa player in all my years supporting this club than I have with Grealish, yet the times I've seen him in the first team he's done nothing but give the ball away and looked generally out of his depth. It can only be put down to Villa PR, and I seriously hope theyre not just overhyping the kid. I'm old enough to remember the likes of Mark Walters and Tony Daly who actually did things for the team in their early appearances for the club, and justified the hype surrounding them (which by the way was nowhere near the amount of hype Grealish is mustering). I just hope it isn't unfounded, but I wouldn't put it past the Villa of 2014 who seem desperate to pull the wool over the fans eyes.

And I suggest you take off those claret and blue specs for a few minutes and tell me what he's actually done in a Villa shirt to justify the hype.

And I suggest you take off those claret and blue specs for a few minutes and tell me what he's actually done in a Villa shirt to justify the hype.

I wouldn't worry your little head about it he won't be starting against either Southampton or Burnley?

I feel sorry for Jack or any other talented young footballer down VP at the moment having to play under the high priest of ant-football.

What young players need is time on the pitch to develop however as with everything Lambert is all over the place with his squad selections.

And who else other than Lambert am I supposed to blame for footballing decisions? Doris the Tea Lady?

Ahhhh - ladies and gentleman, we have a youth coach amongst us!  All that the young players need is time in the first team to develop.  Let's just switch the U21's and first team around - we're bound to be better off because that is literally all that's needed.  Time on the pitch in the Premier League.

Can't believe Lambert hasn't already done it!  Lambert out!

Ahhhh - ladies and gentleman, we have a youth coach amongst us!  All that the young players need is time in the first team to develop.  Let's just switch the U21's and first team around - we're bound to be better off because that is literally all that's needed.  Time on the pitch in the Premier League.

Can't believe Lambert hasn't already done it!  Lambert out!

You give me too much credit I never thought of that.

Perhaps you can tell the mumbling buffoon directly of your brilliant idea?

I just can't believe some of the attitudes on here, it's one thing to suggest he hasn't shone but quite another to make comments that write him off getting a chance at all....it's quite baffling indeed.

If he's not good enough he'll get shown up whether he's 19 or 24, but if he's good enough it's not just the minutes on the pitch that will develop him but the attitude, analysis and conversation with management/coaches. Anyone watch Williams come on for Wales? Clearly not international quality (yet perhaps) but he allowed his midfield space and time and gave the defenders a player to chase and not just triple mark Bale. 

Hype is one thing but many guys have watched him over a period of years and have enjoyed what he has to offer, he is direct, tries to play with his head up, he commits the defensive player which grants other space and from the very short time we've seen him on the pitch he understands being a marked man comes with certain special 'attention' (kicks to the leg).

We have Gabby, direct but cant pass, shoot or dribble close, Nzog who can dribble and pass but isn't the best in front of goal in part because he looks up 5% of the time, Weimann who can't play wide, isn't the trickiest player but is intelligent in front of goal and Richardson, who is decent at it all but not spectacular at anything. Then we have Grealish who plays with his head up, is a good dribbler and can play wide or cut inside, he's raw and has much to learn but he has a blend of attributes that is different from other players.

It's the last 10 minutes of a game, you are losing and being pressed back a lot, your attacking plays are obvious to the defending team so do you stick and hope, as we've done since Houliier left, or do you say right I'll twist, I have something different on the bench, I'll tell him to go play and learn something (not expect him to win it)  because he has something that might get our team either out of our half, or a chance to reset if he gets a free kick,

I think any manager worth employing would try something different and I think that is most peoples gripe, whether players are or aren't good enough we don't find out if they don't play, yet we all have memories of Bennett, Bowery and even Sylla that left us bemused despite them showing on a consistent basis that they offered practically nothing to the team.

I feel the Grealish discussion is mostly shrouded in how people feel toward tactical variation, if we looked comfortable in attack I think we'd be saying it's fine, keep him learning in the background but get him on every now and again but because he's not in the squad, meaning he has no exposure many of us are either highlighting that fact or complaining because we are so dire in attack and he would be something different.

My personal opinion is he shouldn't start unless desperate (a few guys ahead of him) and that you need to use him as an early sub only in the same circumstances. However he would be in the squad, I would be talking to him after the game to find out what he thought and what he might have done if he'd have come on and I'd consider a plan for him to get some pitch time when we need a shift in either emphasis or tactics.

If he has talent he can falter as many time as he likes when young, as long as he learns something (look at Januzaj), but it's the learning I would concentrate on and that's difficult to achieve when you're not even in the squad.

• Like 1

Â