The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, great report.

Don't write him off yet because he was probably very deliberately given the hardest possible club to test him. If he's got the attitude to come through it, he'll emerge a better player.

Right now though, I think Samir Carruthers is our most likely prospect. He captained the NextGen series winners, arguably their most influential player, and could play in a number of positions for the first team.

I don't think you should always read too much into whether a young player stands out on loan or not.

Obviously if they struggle badly and look completely out of their depth, then it does probably show that they are not ready for the first team yet.

However as cliched as it sounds, the key thing that is actually gained from such loans is the experience of being involved in that level of competitiveness and the physicality of senior football.

I remember that Weimann didn't pull up trees in his two loan spells at Watford but made a big impact when he was given a chance in the first team. Whereas somebody like Frazier Campbell was on of the best players in the Championship when he was on loan at Hull but has never really cut it at Premier League level.

As has been pointed out also, Grealish is playing for one of the worst teams in the division. So it isn't ideal conditions for him to show exactly what he can do.

Edited by Isa

Really enjoyed reading that report and certainly not all is lost concerning the player.

What bugs me is this. It mentions in the report Grealish is predominately right footed so for the life of me i can't understand why more players aren't two footed nowadays. I mean they have expert coaches to work on their weaknesses and surely it must also be a basic requirement by your club who are spending money to develop you to insist that you practice more on your weaker foot.

Being so one footed must also become a frustration for the player when opportunities arise in a game that would beat your opponent if you were two footed instead of cutting inside all the time on your stronger side which benefits the opposing player as he will know what your first move is going to be.

These players at their respective clubs should have plenty of time to do that as they eat and sleep football and it's an injustice not only to yourself but also to your talent not to become two footed no matter what standard you play at.

Don't forget this is only one clowns opinion, who has only saw him a handful of games playing for his muck side and decided he would be able to strip his game apart. Supporting nots county he wouldnt know what a good player was if it flew up and hit him in the face.

Sure at present no 2 people on this forum can even agree on anything so i wouldn't pay to much heed on what this guy has to say.

Â