The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Why was he training with the team the past few days? Why wouldn't he train in private rather than so publicly if he was already gone?

PR...He wanted an easy exit.

Just now, TRO said:

That 5 year contract ....If his camp insisted on a buy out clause last season after the failed Man U bid..... it was an arrangement imo.

so last season was just a charade and this move was semi arranged/ hanging around, all along.

Not moaning at £100 mill.....but just thinking this has been on the cards for some time. Our view of him has been manipulated.

Yep, looks like one big lie as he wanted hig big money move to make him plenty of £s. 

I knew he was a fraud. When he was out injured he was always pictured sat up in the stands with his feet up on the seats in front of him. I used to shout at the TV "Oi, Jack. If you love the club so much take your f**king feet off the seats, it's disrespectful". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I can't imagine walking away from Villa now of all times. We are at the precipice of something special. He's a Villan, ancestrally. We offered him a huge raise too. He might live to have deep regrets about leaving.

I think he will.....but 

£300,000 x 52 x5 = £ 78,000,000

Maybe he won't....his career is Guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

That 5 year contract ....If his camp insisted on a buy out clause last season after the failed Man U bid..... it was an arrangement imo.

so last season was just a charade and this move was semi arranged/ hanging around, all along.

Not moaning at £100 mill.....but just thinking this has been on the cards for some time. Our view of him has been manipulated.

Looks that way. If there was a release clause then he's stuck to his end of the bargain. 

All the rest is bull anyway. We've plenty of local boys signing youth contracts every other year. 

The club promise them and their Parents the world. A few years later we release them with no notice and no body cares about them. 

Not good enough or lucky enough to make it. Dreams crushed. 

Football is a ruthless business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I can't imagine walking away from Villa now of all times. We are at the precipice of something special. He's a Villan, ancestrally. We offered him a huge raise too. He might live to have deep regrets about leaving.

I hope he does. I hope after retiring he spends decades regretting this move, not least because it will have meant that we pushed on after he left.

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Yep, looks like one big lie as he wanted hig big money move to make him plenty of £s. 

I knew he was a fraud. When he was out injured he was always pictured sat up in the stands with his feet up on the seats in front of him. I used to shout at the TV "Oi, Jack. If you love the club so much take your f**king feet off the seats, it's disrespectful". 

much will be aired in due course.

7 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Looks that way. If there was a release clause then he's stuck to his end of the bargain. 

All the rest is bull anyway. We've plenty of local boys signing youth contracts every other year. 

The club promise them and their Parents the world. A few years later we release them with no notice and no body cares about them. 

Not good enough or lucky enough to make it. Dreams crushed. 

Football is a ruthless business. 

but sometimes the parents themselves, promise themselves the world.....How many times have we heard of over hyped kids, where their promise plataeu's too early.....its the name of the game.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I hope he does. I hope after retiring he spends decades regretting this move, not least because it will have meant that we pushed on after he left.

Tbh I'm now actually excited he is going due to the financial muscle his move will give us, I'm loving the signings we are making and we have 80m+ more to spend, really exciting times.

In terms of him personally, I wonder if he knows just how much this completely f**** his legacy, or if he even cares.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Maybe what i was told wasn't bullshit...

WAs just coming to post as much.

Romano said, we were pushing and pushing to try and convince him to stay, even into the final hours.

I feel alot like f*Ck him right now, to be honest.

Will get over it but still.

I hate the notion or view from other fans that we gladly accepted/wanted the money.

Gutted.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I'm now actually excited he is going due to the financial muscle his move will give us, I'm loving the signings we are making and we have 80m+ more to spend, really exciting times.

In terms of him personally, I wonder if he knows just how much this completely f**** his legacy, or if he even cares.

£300,000 x 52 x5 says...............So what.

Sad, but true.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, the fact that we were pushing to try and convince him to stay, even into the final hours, shows that what we've spent so far had nothing to do with him.

100 mill to the good I guess.

39 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

As a Villa fan how shit would you feel tonight signing for another club and moving from your club? Part of me, a very small and smelly part, feels sorry for Jack tonight. Not too sorry.

If it was going to effect him that much I doubt he'd have done it. He won't feel the regret until he sees Mings lifting a cup for us and thinks 'that could have been me' 

He'll be a big part of winning things at City, anyone saying he'll be warming the bench is kidding themselves but it won't be with us...if that ever mattered to him at all

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

WAs just coming to post as much.

Romano said, we were pushing and pushing to try and convince him to stay, even into the final hours.

I feel alot like f*Ck him right now, to be honest.

Will get over it but still.

I hate the notion or view from other fans that we gladly accepted/wanted the money.

Gutted.

which makes me think this wasn't a spur of the moment decision from him....he has wanted this for some time...thats why last ditch persuasion wasn't going to have any affect.

The money to us, just softens the blow.

who knows, Leon Bailey could be explosive and inject the pace in to the team many of us have craved.....we did have a slow build up at times.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

That 5 year contract ....If his camp insisted on a buy out clause last season after the failed Man U bid..... it was an arrangement imo.....He gets his exit to his liking and we get a huge wedge.

It might explain why Emi B was snapped up very early on. That signing always felt like it was pre-determined from the previous summer the ease and pace which it went through. He gets them back up when he probably could have left last summer and is then granted his move this year. 

If this sort of arrangement was set up for Grealish though then not sure why it's only going through with just over a week left to the start of the season. It hasn't really helped us get over signings for cheaper as they've gone through after it's all broke in the press last week.

Who knows. Villa would be a great Netflix documentary but at the same time, I like how we do our business and keeping people at bay,

I've slept on it, again. I'm now firmly of the belief that this is the right decision all round.

I'm disappointed with Jack leaving us now, when it seems we are really pushing on and have a genuine chance of making that next step and competing in the upper echelons of the league, and hopefully not too far away from some silverware. That as Villa fan, Jack doesn't want to be a part of that is sad and I thought he was different. Leaving us with a week to the start of the season is bad timing and will be a set back for sure, even despite the exciting new signs who will take time to bed in and gel. 

That said, I think the reported 100m if spent well gives us a real springboard to accelerate our growth. I've been happy with the signings so far, I think as a squad we look so much stronger with hopefully a few more top quality players to add. 

We have been too reliant on one player for too long, when Jack was injured our form dipped massively and teams knew how to play against us by doubling or tripling up on him. With the squad we are putting together we have so much more quality across the pitch that I believe we will be better for it. And lets also face it, there are major questions regarding his ability to play a full season without those shins flaring up again which also has to be considered

As for Jack, he has shown that he doesn't want to be here and isn't on board with the project so there's the door. Thank you for the memories and what you have done for us over the past 4 or 5 years, but I have no room for sentiment. I don't wish ill on him but I won't support him, follow him or wish him well. He becomes just another ex player, albeit a very good one I really hoped would spend his career here and help take us  back to the glory days.

Edited by Hiney
  • Like 2

I love the Villa but career and personal finances come first. It would be a harder decision to make in Jack's position but when you crunch the numbers he'll make a lot more at Man City and I don't see him playing into his mid 30's with such a reoccurring problem injury. Sad but true. It doesn't mean he's not a fan, look at Albrighton. 

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

£300,000 x 52 x5 says...............So what.

Sad, but true.

Yes.

But I think both you and I know, as we get older we think more about legacy etc.

I understand his position and probably his thought processes, but I also think when he gets older he will one day realise he could have been immortalised at Villa, a player spoken about for generations.

But that's all f***** now.

He may not ever care, and if he doesn't good on him, as that would just be proof he is what people are saying.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by MaVilla

After he signed the contract last season he said he wasn't sure if he was still going to be here until he signed it. Everyone knows he's always had a soft spot for unishit. Unfortunately for him they're so badly in debt he's had to accept second best in City.

Â