The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not doubting your info but  , its a bit strange that during a  tier 4 lock down in London , all these people got together for a meeting in London and nobody saw them ?

you can't even test your eye sight in Bernard castle without 2875 witnesses running off to twitter  ..  

Jack was in London in December. Getting pissed with Ross Barkey - all over the papers! 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The season before that he was watching Mount, who he son'd in the Championship the year before that, starring in the Championship. Not to mention his own teammate Tammy Abraham starring alongside him. Yet he still signed that new contract.

True, it might just be a constant drip of people talking about it to him. Who knows. He may well sign a new deal with us tomorrow and it was never in doubt. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm assuming most of the posters on here are past breast feeding age, but all I'm seeing is a lot of tit-suckling babies.

If Jack Grealish leaves Villa this summer, we'll have broken some kind of record for fee received and FOR ONCE in my life as a Villa supporter trust the people in charge to invest that money back into the club sensibly. 

We've lost countless good players over the years and been fine.  We have to lose good players eventually, as long as we get the best from the deal, that's what counts. 

If we sell Jack to Man City, it's not like we've "lost ground" on them in a title race, is it? We're no where near them with or without him anyway!

As good as Jack is, I'd like to think we have the right management team in place to quite easily replace 5-8 goals an 6-10 assists a season player. 

We MIGHT become more balanced.  We MIGHT sign someone who comes in and becomes our new hero. 

Whatever happens, happens.  The post every 30 seconds with hear say,  pure speculation and **** twitter journos is absolutely embarrassing. 

I'll thank Jack for some of the great moments of joy he's bought me, but wish him well.

I'll be looking forward to this "project" we're on advancing, with or without him. 

Holy shit some of you need to chill out. 

good post IMO

The highlighted bits are very interesting and I agree.

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Release clause and Jack wants out - this would be over already

No release clause - no sale and this would be over already 

Release clause and Jack wants more wages - about where we are.

IMHO

Greedy bugger!

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Jack was in London in December. Getting pissed with Ross Barkey - all over the papers! 

has anyone stopped to think, Jack might feel its time for him to move on, in respect of the fee being mentioned ,we might think so too.

it reminds me of the Fergie Moment when he referred to the Beckham situation as a "circus"...We could be experiencing a similar thing.

I am beginning to wonder, if I want this every season...this one man team tag is disrespectful to the rest too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm assuming most of the posters on here are past breast feeding age, but all I'm seeing is a lot of tit-suckling babies.

If Jack Grealish leaves Villa this summer, we'll have broken some kind of record for fee received and FOR ONCE in my life as a Villa supporter trust the people in charge to invest that money back into the club sensibly. 

We've lost countless good players over the years and been fine.  We have to lose good players eventually, as long as we get the best from the deal, that's what counts. 

If we sell Jack to Man City, it's not like we've "lost ground" on them in a title race, is it? We're no where near them with or without him anyway!

As good as Jack is, I'd like to think we have the right management team in place to quite easily replace 5-8 goals an 6-10 assists a season player. 

We MIGHT become more balanced.  We MIGHT sign someone who comes in and becomes our new hero. 

Whatever happens, happens.  The post every 30 seconds with hear say,  pure speculation and **** twitter journos is absolutely embarrassing. 

I'll thank Jack for some of the great moments of joy he's bought me, but wish him well.

I'll be looking forward to this "project" we're on advancing, with or without him. 

Generally a good post, the little opening is unnecessary though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The fact we are so reliant on one players speaks volumes in itself. Yes he’s a class act but we need to change our whole game plan so it’s not pass to Jack and let’s see what he does, 

Honestly this thread has be purged whether he stays or goes.  What club can we mock when we have a 100+ pages of 😭😭😭 posters. 

This is isn't Benteke leaving, which surely doomed us to eventual relegation. The recruitment/management team will roll on either way. They have shown us nothing but comptency since day one. UTV!

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

has anyone stopped to think, Jack might feel its time for him to move on, in respect of the fee being mentioned ,we might think so too.

it reminds me of the Fergie Moment when he referred to the Beckham situation as a "circus"...We could be experiencing a similar thing.

I'm not sure on the second point - Fergie was a control freak and there had been months of arguments with Beckham. Plus Man Utd had just won the league to were in a position of strength to make a decision like that. 

Plus i'd argue Jack is far more pivotal to us than Becks was for Man Utd (mainly because they were full of world class players like Scholes, Ferdinand, Veron, RVN, etc)

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thanks.  The missus has just slapped me round the face for following your initial advice...

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Honestly this thread has be purged whether he stays or goes.  What club can we mock when we have a 100+ pages of 😭😭😭 posters. 

Its a Hall of Fame thread! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if Jack expected more signings by now besides Buendia and Young and is doubting the state of the project. 

I'm sure he knows these things take time. I mean Buendia is already a marquee signing, record fee and all. We're currently in talks for Bailey as well. It's looking very promising.

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

What a draining situation. How dare a club outside the scum 6 have a great player. One thing that will definitely happen as a result of this saga is that my hatred of the tabloid press will increase. Absolute scum. 

Going on to Jack, I'd be disappointed if he left 10 months after signing a 5 year bumper contract and stating he was excited with the vision of the club. In that 10 months we have made real progress. Its not as if we have stalled, which might make him reconsider. We have made real strides. If @Fairy In Boots post is true, and he met Citeh pre Xmas, then that is 3 months after a new contract - that wouldn't look good at all. That being said, I can't see that being the case IMO. Hopefully his source has his wires crossed. 

I think the reason why people are more emotional on this transfer is because Jack is a Villa fan... he's the face of the club. He's the player our rebirth and rebuild is centred around. To lose that would be a hammer blow. He is probably the most marketable player in England now and quite rightly, we want him to stay and be part of our advancement. He's worth far more than £100m to us now.. i'd say double, taking into the image of him now and the possibilities that brings to the club. 

If he goes, he goes, the club survives and we move on and life continues... we've lost Platt and Yorke in the past and the sun still comes up the next morning. I did think after Jack's IG post yesterday that it was looking like he was staying... yet everyone seems to be on a downer today, which has soured my mood a bit! 

Regardless, we need to resolve it asap. Can't have this dragging on for another 7-10 days - the forum will be on fire! 

UTV

Yes I would be very disappointed too if Jack does a U turn on "The Project" he was sold on. My optimism/certainty that he'll stay pretty much hinges on this fact. Although no fault of Jacks I also feel a bit short changed on him missing a big chunk of last season because we might have achieved top six. His shins owe us one more season at least!! If we tread water this coming season or go backwards then fair enough would definitely not begrudge him a move elsewhere and would wish him all the best. But if he goes now, meh. That would suck big time! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure on the second point - Fergie was a control freak and there had been months of arguments with Beckham. Plus Man Utd had just won the league to were in a position of strength to make a decision like that. 

Plus i'd argue Jack is far more pivotal to us than Becks was for Man Utd (mainly because they were full of world class players like Scholes, Ferdinand, Veron, RVN, etc)

I'd also make the point, that we have allowed ourselves for Jack to be Pivotal and he has missed some playing time each season....thats not a criticism, just an observation.

Maybe its time for us, to break that mould and build a more balanced team....without the one man team tag....just a thought.

Maybe Dean too would be more comfortable with it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would say to Man City, show us the colour of your money or shut the **** up.....and declare the reaction to the press.

Right now, the club are caught in the headlights, I would like to see a strong response and more respect for the planning of our current campaign.

I disagree TRO

We should do no such thing.

We should either declare he’s sold, a bid has been rejected, or that he’s signed a new contract. Nothing else.

Its not our problem is people want to make up stories, and that other people are having meltdowns over it.

Why should the board have to act on every single transfer rumour?  You set a precedence and we’ll be expecting them to deny every rumour from now until eternity.

It’s not my business, your business, or anyone else’s business.  It’s between Aston Villa FC and Jack Grealish.  Aston Villa should only make statements that benefit the club when made.  Everyone else wanting information can go **** themselves (including the fans)

The only people likely to suffer from not knowing are those wanting Grealish on their shirts.  If the club put out a statement he’s 100% stating then they could be hit by refund requests.  If he’s going, then I’d rather we sell a shitload of villa shirts first - rather than a bunch of baby fans know a few earlier? 

How on earth does it benefit any of us by knowing earlier?  He’s either going to stay or go.  Let’s see on the opening day of the season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am beginning to wonder, if I want this every season...this one man team tag is disrespectful to the rest too.

Interesting comparison and the attention on jack  is higher than ever now . 

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree Tro, **** sell him and let’s move on.

• Like 1

Â