The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool didn't accept Suarez bid from Arsenal. Going to guess Purslow inserted that 

it did not trigger any clause

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23627573

Suarez thought this offer would trigger his release, but Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor says this is not the case.

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If we are getting into the guesswork game here's my wild shot in the dark.

I'm guessing there is a clause (for multiple reasons i wont go into) and man City have triggered it (hence the confidence from their side). 

However our owners have told grealish they won't accept the clause. This would better explain jacks seeming u turn as it would be up to him to take the club to court to fight this.....thats a fair way to ruin a relationship with the club!

I watch far too much tv

I have visions of Jack as Freddie Mercury now singing ‘let me go ‘ and Dean wes and nas dressed as the rest of queen singing ‘ we will not “ 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Something about The Athletic makes me really not a fan of it. I don't like it though when people who have never played the game start talking as if they're opinion is better than everyone else's.

I'm not sure, I understand that......What is you don't like? what they are saying or whose saying it?....How can an opinion be better than anyone elses?, an opinion is yours...its what you think.

Opinions can be strong or weak, depending on the recipients interpretation of them.....who they are only has a certain relevance, its what they say is relevant.( Managers talk tosh sometimes)

You don't have to have played the game to have an opinion on football......certain aspects of the game maybe, behind the scenes ,yes......but what goes on in a matchday game, can be just as well analysed by a discerning fan....some fans have watched the game all their lives and if they didn't know the game, now,  they have wasted a lot of money.

I would suspect a very well seasoned supporter, would have just as much knowledge of a game being played as a young player.....but all folk have varying levels of knowledge, players and fans.

i.e Trainspotters possibly know more about trains than Station masters......depending on what aspect of Locomotives we are talking about.

Ps Bertie Mee and Lawrie McMenemy, never even played the game and went on to manage at a high level...I don't think Gerard Houllier played either....so you don't have to have played the game, to know how it should be played.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

😉

Stella are ruthless horrible organisation,, to them players are commodities to be traded and they don't care about legacy or support. In jacks ear will be "**** em" & "make your kids millionaires" 

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows.  Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella )  met Txiki &  Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money.  Last year United baulked at £100m  they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog.  Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is 

Sad, but that’s a very believable story in the cold light of day. 
Thanks for sharing this mate.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

😉

Stella are ruthless horrible organisation,, to them players are commodities to be traded and they don't care about legacy or support. In jacks ear will be "**** em" & "make your kids millionaires" 

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows.  Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella )  met Txiki &  Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money.  Last year United baulked at £100m  they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog.  Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is 

Excuse my ignorance and I don't mean to be rude--but do you have a history of inside knowledge?

Regardless, what you have written seems very believable. £100mill isn't quite as much as I'd like but it's still a huge amount of money. 

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Football players and loyalty don't really live in harmony.

It's all about the money!

it is.

but they want to play with the best to improve and win trophies to look back on....its a short career.

its rare now to see great players like Gerard stay with one club, but of course Liverpool created the platform for him to stay, by surrounding him with top players.

Le Tissier, was probaly an exception and maybe Brian Little.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably more realistic than whatever Gregg and Sam at the Athletic are saying 😂

I'm only missing the words 'my sources' away from a job at the athletic!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Does Jack do it himself or does his 'team'? I am sure his agency carefully controls his social media output, I am sure that like most of the top players. For example I dont for a minute think Rashfords output is all in his own words, its a narrative thought out by his management team and then scripted in a way that sounds as though he might have said it.

For his stories, I'm pretty sure Jack does most of them himself, as they tend to be videos of what he's doing at the time. Rashford channels use his platform for many important causes, whereas Jack's is more about wishing his "bros" happy birthday, or pictures hanging out with "Chilly".

I'm sure some stuff is outsourced though, especially as he's cracked 3m followers. Those 3m will generate a big income for Jack, so it would be even more pertinent that the content is posted with forethought. Social media is big business for those with big followers. As an extreme, Ronaldo's Instagram earnings are around $40m per year. 

• Shocked 1

I have sat in a player negotiation with Jonathan Barnett, albeit for a cricketer, and 20 years ago - but it is purely and simply about the £££.  The player wasnt there, and he said they wanted x, we countered and offered y, and after a bit of back and forth we settled in the middle - 5 minutes over a cup of coffee.  

The fact is City will offer more than Villa, and the only decision is heart versus head.  Does it make any difference to Jack if he earns £300k or £200k a week - after tax its hardly like his going to struggle ever.  His decision is his lifelong love of villa versus chance of guaranteed success - not a easy call at all

Edited by ThornburyVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Quick email Purslow and tell him how much City are offering him. 

Haha I think he will know, it’s more of a try and hope City don’t firm up interest in the form of a bid. 

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Excuse my ignorance and I don't mean to be rude--but do you have a history of inside knowledge?

Regardless, what you have written seems very believable. £100mill isn't quite as much as I'd like but it's still a huge amount of money. 

Not really on Jack I do, not saying this is my source but you will always get stuff leaking. You have to remember all his family get stuff and they tell people stuff etc etc. Stella leak directly to Talkshite one min he’s off (Villa offer better terms) then next week “he’s staying” (city get moving or you lose this) . 

I think it could well be a ploy for another big wage hike but one things for certain after 3 years of it I’m jaded by it it’s not that actions of a “Villa Boy” as I would see it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

no he doesnt. this is from a year ago

and let's not forget this classic:

Mate it’s fairly widely reported now That United were after him last summer.

Is the world you inhabit where everything you here has to be cast iron 100%? It’s changeable it’s the nature of the business 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I get that... But we wouldnt be letting our star player agree personal terms with another club, especially the likes of City, before we've offered him an improved deal and discussed where his future lies face to face. City's agreed offer will undoubtedly be bigger and worth £Xm's more than ours. It would undermine Villa's position and the improved terms we offer him. The only way it happens is if we've agreed to sell him (which I doubt is likely at this point) otherwise why bother offering him a new contract? 

If his agent has already got assurances from City about the terms they would offer, without our permission, then that would be considered tapping up would it not? 

The way Sam Lee is reporting sounds totally illogical from a business perspective. 

Every club "taps up". We will have agreed terms with Buendia (and everyone else we sign) before we agreed a transfer fee. It's the done thing. Agents and intermediaries find out if a deal is desirable for the player and buying club. Then negotiations begin with the selling club. That much is fact. What is unclear is the presence or absence of a clause in Jack's case. I believe there's a good chance that there is a clause, or perhaps a gentleman's agreement. But that's just my own opinion, based upon the journalists I trust, as well as my intuition regarding Jack staying last summer

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

😉

It would all fit in and seems very plausible mate - 2 questions , when did villa become aware of him meeting pep in London and was his injury really as genuine as we are led to believe as there were a few rumours around at the time of the injury ? 

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Haha I think he will know, it’s more of a try and hope City don’t firm up interest in the form of a bid. 

Not really on Jack I do, not saying this is my source but you will always get stuff leaking. You have to remember all his family get stuff and they tell people stuff etc etc. Stella leak directly to Talkshite one min he’s off (Villa offer better terms) then next week “he’s staying” (city get moving or you lose this) . 

I think it could well be a ploy for another big wage hike but one things for certain after 3 years of it I’m jaded by it it’s not that actions of a “Villa Boy” as I would see it

I am beginning to share a similar view.

If Jack was in the crowd supporting Villa with his Dad and I was in shoes.....He would probably say, "if Tro wants to go, let him go, I'm tired of it"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

The longer this goes on, the less, I am caring....this is happening every year, we need to focus on our team...it is becoming a bit of a circus, to be honest and eventually it will impact on our other players.

£100+ mill is a huge amount of money....and spent wisely a lot can be done.

I don't have to remind myself....I am a Villa Fan first and a Jack Grealish fan second....and it will always be that way.

Exactly this, which is what I was implying yesterday.  Either way, we need a speedy resolution before the season starts and not another “Yorke” situation. 

• Like 1

Â