The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I’m with you as I think most are unless it comes from the established few we know.

All I’m saying is, I’ve had first hand info so it’s not from someone who knows someone. 

And they’re saying people have met. Doesn’t mean he’s going, just means his people have met theirs. 

Guess now it’s upto Villa to make him see staying is the best option. 

Surely no club can discuss terms until a fee is agreed and permission given ?

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Don't post opinions on it then without the full info

Don't tell me what to do. If I don't want to waste my time reading bullshit on reddit. I won't.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I just couldn't see them spending that much on a player they don't even really need.

Heads we win, tails we... win.  Jack is an icon but he's not bigger than the club and there will still be a team after he's hung up his boots. It would be great if he did the whole one club man bit and took us to Europe, but the thought of Lange and McKenzie doing a post-Jack rebuild with silly amounts of money is actually pretty exciting. Our midfield isn't well balanced as we all know and the team is set up to suit Jack at the moment. Properly shuffling the deck and building a new, better balanced team isn't the worst thing that could happen, imho.   

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrim said:

Don't tell me what to do. If I don't want to waste my time reading bullshit on reddit. I won't.

Wouldn't you also class posting an opinion without full info bullshit as well though?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Sometimes you do need to look at things a bit deeper than surface level though. He appears to have a long history of getting calls correct. He may well be wrong, but I wouldn't just dismiss him straight away.

“Come here Jeremy. You’re dismissed!”

There, wasn’t that hard was it? 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Totally agree, Dave. I also believe there are other things to consider.

With the current hooha surrounding $hitty, they could cop a points deduction. Yes, they are $hitty, and they belong to the scum6, and therefore are entitled to get away with it, but it is a possibility. Would Jack be happy about walking into that?

I remember early in his career, watching a reporter follow him around post game, and Jack did not have a good game. He sat there reading the fans comments on his performance on his phone, and he was very gutted. Some here have said that they wont hold hard feelings and would wish him the best, but I strongly dont believe all  fans would be reacting like that. He will cop hell from some of the fans, I am sure. How is he going to react to that?

I don't believe Jack is going anywhere, but where Jack is going to be this season, I believe is the most important question in football right now. If he signs for $hitty, then football is dead. With the possible inclusion of Kane, $hitty are looking at having a choke hold on the Premier League. They will be nailed on Champions for this season, and probably for future seasons too. This club was also at the forefront of a group of clubs who wanted to ruin football. May nobody ever forget that. 

*If (when) Jack shows his intent to stay at Villa, it shows everyone what is true value in football. It would be like giving a big middle finger to the face of the scum6, and telling them that there are some things that you can't offer, because I already have it at My Club. Its the love from the fans. It is walking out on the ground in which he used to wish he could do one day when he was a kid. It is seeing stuff with his name on it being sold in the Aston Villa shop where his Dad used to take him after the game. It is seeing his shirt on a kid, who would have been him when he was his age. It is the pride he feels when he slips on that arm band, and leads a bunch of great players, who are also his mates, and love the Villa just as much as he does onto the pitch while his heart is trying to punch its way out of his chest. These are the things that $hitty cannot offer, and they are not for sale. * ( What I hope Jack thinks).

They are a soulless scumbag plastic club, but they have money. At least Villa has a soul. They also have money and ambition too.

I agree with all this you said AJ and what an ACE post to read it is.

Would love to post that on Bluemoon lmao, that would make some heat lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Heads we win, tails we... win.  Jack is an icon but he's not bigger than the club and there will still be a team after he's hung up his boots. It would be great if he did the whole one club man bit and took us to Europe, but the thought of Lange and McKenzie doing a post-Jack rebuild with silly amounts of money is actually pretty exciting. Our midfield isn't well balanced as we all know and the team is set up to suit Jack at the moment. Properly shuffling the deck and building a new, better balanced team isn't the worst thing that could happen, imho.   

Agree , would sooner he stayed but if he goes then we need to recruit well and kick on regardless - life goes on and villa will move on

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

Wouldn't you also class posting an opinion without full info bullshit as well though?

No.

What full information? I asked why this guy has any credibility. Explain it to me. I'm not the one claiming he has any.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Perhaps yes but clubs would overprice us for players if we sold Jack for £150m+ that is a guarantee. Plus the owners have money to spend regardless, FFP can be a hindrance, but they still managed to invest what they have so far. 

Even so, Cit£h just don't drop that sort of money on players. They won't even spend that on Kane and they actually need a striker. Which is why if there is truth in this, we won't be getting our money's worth which will not go down well at all.

If we were to sell, which I can accept will quite probably happen one day, we wait another year at least and ideally 2. That gives us a chance to build up a team less reliant on him then still him at a high price and reinvest it to make ourselves even stronger. There's absolutely no logic in selling him now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

No.

What full information? I asked why this guy has any credibility. Explain it to me. I'm not the one claiming he has any.

All I'm saying is that you can't tar everyone who posts 'ITK' stuff with the same brush. Probably about 95% of it is rubbish, but that guy appears to have a very good record.

9 minutes ago, spiezels said:

I’m with you as I think most are unless it comes from the established few we know.

All I’m saying is, I’ve had first hand info so it’s not from someone who knows someone. 

And they’re saying people have met. Doesn’t mean he’s going, just means his people have met theirs. 

Guess now it’s upto Villa to make him see staying is the best option. 

Knowing what the other options are before going in to renegotiate your own contract is pretty important (basic) stuff. Not concerned at all that his agent is doing his job, more concerned that when he walks into the Villa boardroom there's a list of incoming players written down that makes him squeak like a girl with excitement.  

• Like 1

The guy was making love emojis a few days ago on a post with Ashley Young in a Villa kit. Things would have to changed drastically in the past few days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If the fee is around £100m then that would be incredibly frustrating imo. He's worth far more than that to us with 4 years left on his deal. 

Which is why that number is nonsense. An insult actually. Literally made up though. Jack leaving would be a backwards step and no amount of money would fix that. Adequate compensation would be 150 minimum but it would still set us back for a season at least. This is the reason he won't be going anywhere this summer imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Jezza posted on Reddit we were signing a highly rated player, we would be jizzing our pants pointing at his record saying it must be true.

Because we don’t like the news it’s bullshit 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Â