The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Struggled to do anything other than focus on the eyebrows of the bloke in the top right.

I did catch some interesting points though. I think my favourite has to be when one of them was making an argument for Sterling playing by using the justification that Guardiola picked him for the CL final so obviously trusts him even when he’s out of form.

They might want to go and recheck how many goals Sterling got in that game.

I also feel that the whole Grealish / England youth teams piece will never go away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Guardian wrote a summary of every player at the tournament and wrote this about Jack:

“Grealish’s performances this season have been good enough to force the initially reticent Gareth Southgate to select him, and for West Ham’s David Moyes to describe him as “probably the best player in the league right now” in February. Defenders find him troublesome enough for him to have retained his title as the Premier League’s most fouled player despite his missing a third of it with a shin injury. Critics might say this statistic is boosted by occasional diving, though a greater problem for Grealish is careless driving, for which he received a nine-month ban in December.”

Pathetic really when you compare it to the write up of others in the squad alone. 

That’s poor, what on earth has his driving ban got to do with anything at this tournament?! 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Guardian wrote a summary of every player at the tournament and wrote this about Jack:

“Grealish’s performances this season have been good enough to force the initially reticent Gareth Southgate to select him, and for West Ham’s David Moyes to describe him as “probably the best player in the league right now” in February. Defenders find him troublesome enough for him to have retained his title as the Premier League’s most fouled player despite his missing a third of it with a shin injury. Critics might say this statistic is boosted by occasional diving, though a greater problem for Grealish is careless driving, for which he received a nine-month ban in December.”

Pathetic really when you compare it to the write up of others in the squad alone. 

That is literally authored by someone with an agenda and writing for a paper of their standing too, outrageous. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

That’s poor, what on earth has his driving ban got to do with anything at this tournament?! 

Exactly. It’s really bloody pathetic. So disappointed in the new paper. The agenda is very clear. 

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It’s the guardian, no 1 for character assassinations. Terrible rag.

• Like 1

Probably already been posted on here, but one of TIFO's latest Youtube videos titled "How will England play in Euro2020?" (uploaded on the 3rd of June) literally fails to mention him... or even include him in the squad. 

Unbelievable.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Yes, number one for character assassinations is definitely the guardian. Right at the top for hatred out of all those lovely honest newspapers in the UK. You're definitely right.

I don’t think any of them can be trusted. It’s an ageing medium, they all sensationalise every headline they can to keep going.

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I don’t think any of them can be trusted. It’s an ageing medium, they all sensationalise every headline they can to keep going.

Sounds similar to 'politicians are all as bad as each other—none of them can be trusted' which is appears to be what supporters say when there is suggestion they voted in a group of opportunistic charlatans to run the country.

Anyway, bit off topic. **** that individual journalist in the guardian for his lame writeup on Jack (and I do genuinely mean that, although, honestly, I don't really care)

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Yes... sensational news headlines are a modern problem due to the ageing medium of journalism. Naughty Grauniad!

what.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Thats disgraceful usually the Guardian Football is a bit better, i wonder did Kyle Walker mention his parties or Pickford for injuring Van Dijk 

Actually was it written by Barry Glendenning? He hates Jack

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Sounds similar to 'politicians are all as bad as each other—none of them can be trusted' which is appears to be what supporters say when there is suggestion they voted in a group of opportunistic charlatans to run the country.

Anyway, bit off topic. **** that individual journalist in the guardian for writing about that! (and I do genuinely mean that!)

No, that’s what I was implying. I do think there is an issue with newspapers and I certainly don’t think all politicians are as bad each other. The two things aren’t comparable.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes... sensational news headlines are a modern problem due to the ageing medium of journalism. Naughty Grauniad!

what.png

Spurious connections and self-justifying bullshit. Hatefulness wrapped up in pretend logic. The Mail hasn't changed a bit.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

what.png

Who said it was a modern problem? Strange post. Guardian reader by any chance? I honestly meant no offence if that was the case.

12 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Who said it was a modern problem? Strange post. Guardian reader by any chance? I honestly meant no offence if that was the case.

Well you did say it was an ageing medium where they have to sensationalize in order to keep going. Not sure that's correct as they have always done that. Sales has always been the media's business, that hasn't actually changed at all over time. I also don't think the Guardian is the worst for character assassination but that's another argument.

You haven't offended me, I was just being a bit tongue-in-cheek and meeting pith with pith.

Very OT too so I'll leave it there!

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

Bringing up the careless driving on the eve of the tournament is very much agenda led. Let's not forget the 'dentists chair' 1996 faux pas by Gascoigne and co. The papers were out to sack most of the players involved in that picture. One game... one moment of magic, and everyone licked Gazza's arse again. Same with Beckham after the 1998 World Cup red. 

All Jack has to do is remember his more foolish moments, and focus on being better in the future. Let his football create the headlines and he will take the world with him. Except maybe hard-nut blousers. 

After all, getting up on the world pedestal and becoming iconic, we get into 'child idolisation' and example setting. He needs to be a good boy on and off the pitch. 

Edited by Raver50032
Missing an E... E's are good.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well you did say it was an ageing medium where they have to sensationalize in order to keep going. Not sure that's correct as they have always done that. Sales has always been the media's business, that hasn't actually changed at all over time. I also don't think the Guardian is the worst for character assassination but that's another argument.

You haven't offended me, I was just being a bit tongue-in-cheek and meeting pith with pith.

Very OT too so I'll leave it there!

Yes, even more so now that I think it has an impact on the actual news. But yes, agreed we should leave it there. Again, not my intention to offend anyone.

On topic, I’ve a feeling Gareth will be going 3 at the back, and will leave Jack out to play Mount at 10. I don’t think he has a chance at the wide positions as he has his favourites.

Edited by 7392craig

Â