The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

51 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s an excellent player and we’ll miss him if he is injured but we’re not a one man team, far from it

You saw us last season?

Problem is all our play goes through him and pretty much all our chances we create involve him at some stage.

You can see aswell opponents are starting to get scared of him at this level when he's on the ball so without him they won't be pushed back as much.

This is not good news. Given we're starting him from the left atm that either means we'll likely have to change back to 4-3-3 as you simply can't just put McGinn or Hourihane there. If Jota was fit I'd be up for trying him out in a few games in Jack's role but he's out until after the next break I think.

Guess we could push McGinn up to number 10 role but he's better running from deep.

Our other forward options simply aren't reliable or consistant enough for us not to miss him I fear, hopefully we'll make some decent signings in next two windows so it won't be an issue in a years time.

Bad timing, can see winnable games like Wolves and Newcastle just us scrapping out for a point now if he's out that long. Also means he won't get an England call up which will be a shame for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

We'll lose every game Jack is out, I fear.

We probably will.

But at least we are not stuck with Hutton, Whelan, Jedinak and Adomah this season. Squad is so much better.

Still, Trez and El Ghazi can't replace Jack.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s an excellent player and we’ll miss him if he is injured but we’re not a one man team, far from it

Based on pre season I was hoping jota would slot in if Jack got injured but it hasn't happened for him so far and he's now injured 

Natural width in trez and AEG with then 3 from the 4 in the middle

Missing his quality is obviously going to have an impact but its not like that's a bad team

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on pre season I was hoping jota would slot in if Jack got injured but it hasn't happened for him so far and he's now injured 

Natural width in trez and AEG with then 3 from the 4 in the middle

Missing his quality is obviously going to have an impact but its not like that's a bad team

It's not a bad team, but literally everything good we do goes through Jack, with the occational exception of McGinn/Hourihane. 

• Like 1

If Jack is out injured, will we miss him.. Of course, who wouldn’t miss their best player. But a lot of teams have that; take Kane out of spurs, they suffer, Vardy from Leicester, Hazard (last season) at Chelsea, Deeney from Watford, hell even Fernandinho at city. 

Last season we were atrocious without Jack, but I think this season we have more options and at least will make a fight of it without him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You saw us last season?

Problem is all our play goes through him and pretty much all our chances we create involve him at some stage.

You can see aswell opponents are starting to get scared of him at this level when he's on the ball so without him they won't be pushed back as much.

This is not good news. Given we're starting him from the left atm that either means we'll likely have to change back to 4-3-3 as you simply can't just put McGinn or Hourihane there. If Jota was fit I'd be up for trying him out in a few games in Jack's role but he's out until after the next break I think.

Guess we could push McGinn up to number 10 role but he's better running from deep.

Our other forward options simply aren't reliable or consistant enough for us not to miss him I fear, hopefully we'll make some decent signings in next two windows so it won't be an issue in a years time.

Bad timing, can see winnable games like Wolves and Newcastle just us scrapping out for a point now if he's out that long. Also means he won't get an England call up which will be a shame for him.

Yes, I did see us last season, we need to find a way to cope without our key players, injuries and suspensions are inevitable. It’s how you cope with them, that defines you as a team. The way Guardiola spoke about him yesterday saying that even Man City couldn’t afford him fills me with pride. Grealish is developing in to a great player before our eyes, let’s just hope we can keep hold of him 

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Finding Pep's comments on him rather annoying. Thought there were rules against tapping up players. 

I don't, its a shit fishing question from im guessing a local journo that he's responded to pretty much the best he can

great player, likes that he stayed with us, man city wont be buying him

not sure how that's tapping up

if he hadn't been asked the question then yes I agree but he was responding to the question (paraphrased) "do you think grealish is a good player?"

not sure what else he could say

it was shit journalism fishing for the chance to write the headline "pep wants grealish" but he answered the question in a manner that instead they get to write "man city cant afford grealish" which if anything does us a favour because he raises the question as to what his value is if city cant afford him

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Saying you think a player is great, then going on about how you can't afford a player, indirectly saying you would like him. I'd call that tapping up, but that's me. 

I can assure you, that isn’t tapping up. Tapping up is when they’d just ring him and tell him they want him, which pretty much happens a lot. If they want him, he’d know about it.

Â