The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He showed today that Southgate cannot but select him. 

That "take" when he was in his own box - first half - and close to the byline, where he dropped the ball, took it to the left, dummied back to the right and then passed it out was just world class. 

Jack, go forward mate and represent your country as Paul Gascoigne should have done. 

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He showed today that Southgate cannot but select him. 

I though that then I thought about us having Liverpool and City next, when he's not motm vs them Southgate questions his ability vs big teams and world class players as we go on to play Montenegro and Kosovo 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

World Class performance and Southgate was in the stands!

But i'm sure Ally and Lingard will get picked over him, because obviously playing for the mighty Spurs and Man Utd automatically makes you a better player.

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People need to stop saying 'world class', that's utter tripe. He has however been extremely good. Really started with the Arsenal game where he played very well and has gone on from strength to strength since.

This was a 10/10 performance, worthy of any superlative. If you've never seen Grealish play and you just watched him today, you would think he was one of the best players in the world, it was that good. Obviously you need consistency to earn that title as a player, but for a one off performance, I have no qualms calling it world class.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He could easily have got Montoya sent off but got up and carried on.  I bet people will still think of him as a diver though.

I was thinking this at the time. He could have very justifiably went down and Montoya would have certainly be off but he stayed on his feet. Yet he gets labeled as a diver by fans and referees alike. Montoya went down the other end and almost created a chance too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was thinking this at the time. He could have very justifiably went down and Montoya would have certainly be off but he stayed on his feet. Yet he gets labeled as a diver by fans and referees alike. Montoya went down the other end and almost created a chance too. 

if that's in his own half and relieving pressure then he goes down and gets him sent off, further up the pitch he stays on his feet giving himself acres of space and time to set up a goalscoring chance that McGinn should have done better with

that's the difference that other fans cant see, regardless of it the opponents players cant stop themselves

Â