Global Warming

legov

How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?

• Certain
    • Likely
    • Not Likely
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2019 at 22:54, chrisp65 said:

D3ZvizNXoAEj7D6.jpg

flushable wipes

long lasting harm to aquatic life

I used normal wipes for a while until someone on here pointed out how bad they are.

Then I moved to flushable before someone else pointed out the above.

Wait what thread is this?

• Like 1

On 18/01/2019 at 22:55, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can't believe this ever was a thread 

Kinda shows how far the opinion of this has moved. I'd be interested to see what the results would be if we ran the poll again... in fact I might just do that

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

roadblock.JPG.c905c10cd44af98c4c45d628043f4ea6.JPG

Extinction Rebellion going for it today. Hatched roads blocked by demonstrators.

That's my commute home screwed. Think I'll dig the swampy gear out and join them. 

40 minutes ago, Xann said:

Feck - You don't drive do you? Wasn't it Isleworth?

Nope - only a madman would drive into London these days. I just have a pathological loathing of the tube so normally make my escape by a combination of bus and train. Bus doesn't look like an option as I'm going to get nowhere near Waterloo. Piccadilly line it is then. Deep breath!

_106466857_reuterss.jpg

Caption: Police officers said they would make arrests under the Public Order Act if people did not move on when asked to do so

I have just read a bbc piece on this. (It's under bbc>news>entertainment and arts)

It's day 2 and there were a succession of tweets about 'balance' I'll paraphrase them.

"My wife works by there and there was loads of litter left - is this part of the protest?"

"I can't get a bus. I agree with freedom of speech but it's costing me money"

"this really shouldn't be allowed. enough is enough"

" The vandalism instantly loses support or sympathy for their cause. Disgusting"

But that's how talking points work I suppose.

Also some interesting lines I thought from the Telegraph

an order was made restricting protesters from congregating across the capital. police last night ordered demonstrators to stay at Marble Arch.

Scotland Yard said there had been 113 arrests in total in connection with the demonstrations in a statement at 6am today. The majority of the arrests were for breaching the order instructing protesters to stay only at Marble Arch.

Five of those arrested, three men and two women, were held on suspicion of criminal damage

So more than 56 of those people were arrested for not complying with an order to remain in a designated protest zone?

Sounds normal.

Â