Global Warming

legov

How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that Global Warming is man-made?

• Certain
    • Likely
    • Not Likely
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

So the guy who Adam Boulton called a Fascist on Sky News yesterday has had this marvelous hit-piece written on him in the Telegraph including this beauty

But while Mr Boardman-Pattinson rallies against climate change, he has taken at least three skiing holidays in recent years, and has posed for photographs in front of the leaning tower of Pisa. He was unavailable for comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/17/extinction-rebellion-leaders-jet-setter-buddhist-teacher-yoga/

Obviously I'm glad I read it. I was going to have an opinion about rampant corporatism negatively impacting our planet but then I realised that I too went skiing once in Scotland and last year we visited the Colosseum and took some pictures while we were there. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, the piece is clearly written around what they found on his facebook/twitter etc, the most telling line being "he once shared a post....."

What a time to be alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

So the guy who Adam Boulton called a Fascist on Sky News yesterday has had this marvelous hit-piece written on him in the Telegraph including this beauty

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/17/extinction-rebellion-leaders-jet-setter-buddhist-teacher-yoga/

Obviously I'm glad I read it. I was going to have an opinion about rampant corporatism negatively impacting our planet but then I realised that I too went skiing once in Scotland and last year we visited the Colosseum and took some pictures while we were there. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, the piece is clearly written around what they found on his facebook/twitter etc, the most telling line being "he once shared a post....."

What a time to be alive.

'Yeah, but kids, it's really sad that we don't have these things called 'newspapers' any more. When they disappeared, the people who worked for them were very keen to tell us what an important part of a local democracy they were, but weirdly nobody seemed to give a shit about them'

I guess we should be grateful they didn't put it behind their paywall in the PREMIUM CONTENT section. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Yeah, but kids, it's really sad that we don't have these things called 'newspapers' any more. When they disappeared, the people who worked for them were very keen to tell us what an important part of a local democracy they were, but weirdly nobody seemed to give a shit about them'

I guess we should be grateful they didn't put it behind their paywall in the PREMIUM CONTENT section. 

I couldn't read about the rank and file police officers being upset with Sadiq Khan for something I haven't read about yet but I could still read the character assassination thing :D

Edited by VILLAMARV
misread the op

On 17/04/2019 at 14:03, VILLAMARV said:

Can't remember what thread we did all the bird nets on trees and hedgerows in but here's one I haven't seen

You lose a bit of sympathy when a gull shits on your head in a pub beer garden! 

• Like 1

70579_14.jpg.3e6c11a602e17f85e20effc92ae14e25.jpg

The police shut down the stage at the Marble Arch camp last night.

Sky reported that action was finished and the protesters were heading home.

Sky are mistaken - The protesters are heading to Parliament, right now.

Â