bickster

Who will top the group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

y'know, this is going to sound ridiculous, a bit mad even, but after all the dust settles, and this WC is well and truly over, I would very much like to see a comprehensive changing of the guard, even if it means that England spend a few years in the wilderness. I would like to see Terry, Gerrard and some of the others basically dropped from the England team permanently.The big time has gone to their heads to be honest and it needs to stop. We need new blood, hungry, young, driven and determined. We need young fast, talented players who will wear that shirt with pride, who have not become so jaded by Champions League success that they treat the WORLD CUP as a sideshow. I watched that game the other day and I was shocked.

It is time for a whole new generation of England players. This nation has the talent and the players to shine, but this current lot have been shoe-ins for way too long. They're taking it for granted.

Just my thoughts but I hope I never see John Terry in an England shirt again, if he's the leader of some sort of dressing room revolution at a time like this, I'd like to see him on the next plane home. I'm sorry, he may be a good player, but they guy is a total clearing in the woods.

cheers, Gary

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter who you drop or not, your players are all lethargic and ****. If you don't win the second ball then you'll do sweet **** all, England have been beaten to the second ball each game so far.

Are we beginning to look old all of a sudden this tournament?

Lampard, Gerrard both 31 (i think), Heskey 31, Ashley Cole 30 (i think), Terry 31ish, Carragher way too old. Maybe this World Cup has arrived a year or 2 too late for them.

Even so, they should still be good enough to get through the group stages.

Maybe they'll turn it around and get to the latter stages, i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that there are one (or maybe a multitude) of problems within the camp. I think it would be foolish to place the blame squarely at Capello.

It doesn't matter who you drop or not, your players are all lethargic and ****. If you don't win the second ball then you'll do sweet **** all, England have been beaten to the second ball each game so far.

Lampard, Gerrard both 31 (i think), Heskey 31, Ashley Cole 30 (i think), Terry 31ish, Carragher way too old. Maybe this World Cup has arrived a year or 2 too late for them.

Maybe they'll turn it around and get to the latter stages, i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Not too old.

Lampard is 32. Gerrard and Ash Cole 30. Heskey 32, Terry 29 (30 in Dec), Carragher 32.

The key players, Gerrard and Terry, are supposed to be in their prime. Especially Terry since he's a defender and defenders tend to last longer. FFS Cannavaro was 33 when he won the World Player of the year award.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that there are one (or maybe a multitude) of problems within the camp. I think it would be foolish to place the blame squarely at Capello.

A few months back the whole Terry fiasco raised its ugly head - how many within that squad basically set up within opposing "sides"?

There seems to be a lot of bitching going in the camps at this world cup. England, France,Cameroon, Ivory Coast. These 'men' are acting like a bunch of school girls. It's embarrassing.

I wouldnt drop Rooney, he has been playing poor but we havnt really got any other goalscorers in the team.

I would drop Fat Frank, i cannot recall him ever having a good game in an England shirt, Waste of **** space.

Winds me up everybody using Heskey as the scapegoat, when the whole team is playing shit. If Rooney hadnt of opened his fat gob at the end of the last game Heskey would probably got the blame for that result too.

It is unbelievable how shit we are performing

The Yanks will win the group, IMO. We should be able to beat Algeria, as they'll attack... they're playing with house money and have a shot at doing something really memorable. 2-1 seems reasonable.

Meanwhile, Slovenia only need a draw to advance, which given that they're an organized, somewhat defense-oriented side to begin with, points to them bunker-and-countering. England haven't exactly shown that they can break down a side that does that, so I figure a draw is likely. Call it 1-1, but 0-0 is a possibility, too.

That puts the USA and Slovenia level on 5 points (thanks to being able to beat Algeria...) with +1 goal differences... in which case the USA's 5 goals scored beats 4 from Slovenia.

Yanks will win the group I agree. Would be hilarious if we did fail to beat Slovenia and go out also, but then again, I would also like to see England v Germany in the knock-outs so, I could stand a narrow England win before the Deutsches smash us.

y'know, this is going to sound ridiculous, a bit mad even, but after all the dust settles, and this WC is well and truly over, I would very much like to see a comprehensive changing of the guard, even if it means that England spend a few years in the wilderness. I would like to see Terry, Gerrard and some of the others basically dropped from the England team permanently.The big time has gone to their heads to be honest and it needs to stop. We need new blood, hungry, young, driven and determined. We need young fast, talented players who will wear that shirt with pride, who have not become so jaded by Champions League success that they treat the WORLD CUP as a sideshow. I watched that game the other day and I was shocked.

It is time for a whole new generation of England players. This nation has the talent and the players to shine, but this current lot have been shoe-ins for way too long. They're taking it for granted.

Just my thoughts but I hope I never see John Terry in an England shirt again, if he's the leader of some sort of dressing room revolution at a time like this, I'd like to see him on the next plane home. I'm sorry, he may be a good player, but they guy is a total clearing in the woods.

cheers, Gary

Completely agree!

Drop Heskey, Lampard. Gerrard, Ferdinand and Terry. I think we'll get a better team as a result.

We should have a team something like...

------------------Hart

Johnson--Jagielka--Dawson--Cole

---------Huddlestone--Barry--

------Lennon--J.Cole--Young

----------------Rooney

If you were going to knobble the england team you would concentrate on getting to capello and rooney..not that I think this has happened but if some of the players believe something is so seriously wrong, to have gone public in this clear the air talks its not looking great. Saying that, complaining they have been asked to rest up, concentrate on the games and not treat it as a holiday looks a bit idiotic to me and as for terry saying in a press conference that joe cole should play it is about what ive come to expect from the man.

stevie me club form is now his england form (poor), lampard looks lost & slow,james was the only positive as green is ..well ..rubbish, heskey huffs & puffs but could not blow out a candle,rooney does not look like the player who broke us at wembley.

People saying Rooney needs to be dropped= :crylaugh:

He is playing as well as he did when Ronaldo was at Utd, when he also played alot deeper. When you play a player "out of position" (Rooney has himself said he prefers being in the box rather than coming deep) it's flippin obvious that you won't get the best out of him.

When you have a player as good as Rooney, you have to play to that strengh, not doing so it madness beyond belief. He was the one player I though gave us a chance, but Capello is either mad or has been to too many Villa games.

I bet Fergie is laughing his ass off.

I know, before the world cup, I thought Rooney might get world player of year simply cause he might have a great world cup where as Maradona doesn't get best out of Messi. Yet it's completly changed, Messi is having an unbelievable tournament while Capello still plays Rooney out of position.

Not too old.

Lampard is 32. Gerrard and Ash Cole 30. Heskey 32, Terry 29 (30 in Dec), Carragher 32.

The key players, Gerrard and Terry, are supposed to be in their prime. Especially Terry since he's a defender and defenders tend to last longer. FFS Cannavaro was 33 when he won the World Player of the year award.

But not many players win that award when they're 33.

I dont think Gerrards in his prime at all, he was in his prime a couple of years ago imo, same for Terry and Carragher (i thought he was older than 33, looks it lol). Lampard and Heskey are also past their best imo.

I would say they're slightly past their best, not by much bit enough to make the team worse than we were a year ago. Add to this the unrest there seems to be in the camp and some poor managerial decisions and we've got a very average team.

Having said that, i still think we could turn it around if they start playing for each other, because they're good enough to make an impression.

Wilshere, Rodwell, Adam Johnson and Delfouneso are the way forward, blood them now so they get experience during friendlies

Good idea, apart from Wilshere - he's a word removed with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Holte End. He'd get nowhere near an England shirt if I was in charge