Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just finishing off Season 3 of Bored to Death. I almost didn't continue after watching the first few shows but I am glad I did. There's some great moments in it.

If there was also a thread of the top ten tv characters ever, you could easily pick 10 from just The Wire, that's how brilliantly written it is.

(Though in reality it would be 8 from The Wire, plus Walter's Bishop and White)

Gaius Baltar from BSG tops my list.

But agree the Wire has loads, but BSG has loads too.

i missed that channel 5 are showing person of interest, 2nd episode was on tonight

It's OK so far I guess, nothing groundbreaking. One annoying feature is when the main guy is about to kick ass, they cut away and then come back to the 'aftermath' rather than showing the fight scenes.

Doesn't appear to be much fanny either.

I watched episodes 2&3 of newsroom last night

My reservations that I wouldnt know the news story was right (Arizona laws about mexicans and the tea party, not a clue) but it's still superb, really well written and the 2 central characters are great

I quite enjoyed The Falling Skies. 2nd season just finished. I needed something to fill to void after The Walking Dead and it did the trick.

The River was very good aswell. An 8-episode documentary style horror-ride down the amazon.

Yay! Got US Netflix on my xbox, it's so much better than the UK version. Breaking Bad Season 4!!

...But it's half way through season 5...How bad is the UK one?!

The UK version of Netflix stops after Season 3.

Villa4europe, it was more than likely the UK version you had, the difference is night and day because of license restrictions in the UK. Seriously there's **** loads more on the US version, but you can only get it on your console by going into your network settings and changing the DNS settings.

There's a youtube video I got the codes from. I'll try and find it and i'll post it.

Note - you can only get the UK version on your laptop.

Yeah the US Netflix is miles better! Used to have it when I lived back in the states and I reckon it is so good because it is the only big service provider of its kind like that...no LoveFilm or that pish to compete with, so their collection is way more expansive.

Some great shows coming back next month:

Sons of Anarchy (Season 5) - 11/09/2012

Boardwalk Empire (Season 3) - 16/09/2012

Dexter (Season 7) - 30/09/2012

Homeland (Season 2) - 30/09/2012

Probably a few more too.

Homeland went stupid halfway through, it's a dud imo.

But Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire was awesome, I can't wait for season 3.

I've never watched Dexter. But have the first season, mean to start but after I watch Deadwood

Dexter is far better than Boardwalk Empire in my opinion. I like both, but Dexter is probably the second best show on TV, very close behind Breaking Bad.

Can't wait for Season 7 and for the cliffhanger to be resolved!

Â