Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I agree Dexter went a bit flat for a few seasons but the most recent season was back to its best.

Although you do have to wonder how it is that he has managed to avoid getting the sack being never in the office.

I think Ginko meant best show currently on TV?

I did, although I must admit, it's probably up there with my favourites of all time and to be honest I think it's pretty daft to have a rule that no show that runs for longer than 4/5 seasons can be classed as the best ever, especially when said poster hasn't even watched the show.

I think it's been brilliant all the way through. Some seasons are better and worse than others of course, but last season was really good and this season should be brilliant considering... well, I shan't spoil.

Dexter is far better than Boardwalk Empire in my opinion. I like both, but Dexter is probably the second best show on TV, very close behind Breaking Bad.

Can't wait for Season 7 and for the cliffhanger to be resolved!

I love dexter but better then boardwalk empire and game of thrones :o no, no and again i love breaking bad but its so overrated that it puts me off slightly.

The Wire and Soprano's are the ATG shows and nothing else has came close.....game of thrones has the potential to be up there but its early days.

Obviously it's all subjective and it's good that we all like different things but Boardwalk Empire was a bit boring for me, the first season anyway. I still enjoyed it, but Dexter and Breaking Bad are more exciting and superbly written, particularly Breaking Bad with it's constant parallels.

I also love Game of Thrones, I'm a huge fan of the books so seeing them come to life on screen is brilliant for me personally, but because there's so much detail to the story, the TV show will never quite live up to the books in that sense. I realise that unless they almost doubled the amount of episodes per season, they'll never be able to do the books justice. Don't get me wrong, they do brilliantly considering they have to cut so much out, but I talk to friends who watch the show but don't know the books and a lot of the time they are confused as to who is who and what is going on exactly, so for that purpose, shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad are a lot better because the writing is much tighter which makes the show better.

Breaking Bad isn't overrated for me, quite the opposite actually. It's not shown in this country at all, that shows how underrated it is. I agree with you that The Wire and The Sopranos are absolutely fantastic though, but I still prefer Dexter and Breaking Bad. Different strokes and all that, no-one is wrong, just a matter of opinion.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Veep yet.

Forgot I'd sky+'d it and watched about 6 episodes over the weekend. A lot broader than The Thick of It but very entertaining nevertheless. Watched it with the gf who had no clue what a filibuster was and was completely in the dark about most of the subject matter but there was more than enough to keep her entertained too.

Is Veep the one with whatshername from Seinfeld in it?

I watched an episode on Sunday with a mate from uni and thought it was pretty awful to be honest.

Aye. That's the one. Think we concluded it needed two or three episodes to really get moving - lots of recurring jokes and motifs that get better as they go.

Anybody watch Channel 4s greatest comedys? Was enjoyable but really The IT crowd at number 3.

My personal top 5 would be.

1. Peep Show

2. phoenix nights

3. Father Ted

4. Brasseye

5. Spaced

Anybody watch Channel 4s greatest comedys? Was enjoyable but really The IT crowd at number 3.

My personal top 5 would be.

1. Peep Show

2. phoenix nights

3. Father Ted

4. Brasseye

5. Spaced

Saw some of it, it was crap.

Not the "greatest comedy shows", but the "greatest comedy shows on Channel 4 only, as preselected by a Channel 4 producer, and voted on by invited people only". Meh.

I'd never seen many of the nominations, but they didn't seem particularly funny.

I agree with the winner though - Father Ted. :thumb:

Â