Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Exactly what everyone else should have done. I kept clinging to the faint hope that they writers had a grand plan to tie all these random threads and storylines together at the end in a big payoff. That they had a plan for the show from the start. I couldn't have been as far from the truth. The show is a testament to lack of planning and writing stories on the fly season by season, no order no cohesion. 

I've learnt lessons from Lost. Not to invest in a show just because I started watching it. Homelands is case in point imo.

When you talk about Homelands, do you mean Homeland? As in the show with Damien Lewis? Because if so, that's another superb TV show and hasn't gone downhill yet, in my opinion. Season 3 will determine that.

thats the one I'm on about

Edited by leemond2008

Exactly what everyone else should have done. I kept clinging to the faint hope that they writers had a grand plan to tie all these random threads and storylines together at the end in a big payoff. That they had a plan for the show from the start. I couldn't have been as far from the truth. The show is a testament to lack of planning and writing stories on the fly season by season, no order no cohesion. 

I've learnt lessons from Lost. Not to invest in a show just because I started watching it. Homelands is case in point imo.

When you talk about Homelands, do you mean Homeland? As in the show with Damien Lewis? Because if so, that's another superb TV show and hasn't gone downhill yet, in my opinion. Season 3 will determine that.

Homeland, yes that show. end of the first series was daft and series 2 was awful. I'm done with the show. Can see it's headed one way now. The initial plot never leant itself to an ongoing TV show.

Season one was great, season two not so much but it was never going to achieve the greatness of season one. For what it's worth I agree that the main storyline isn't one that could go off in many different directions and therefore extend the show's longevity, but that's okay.

Homeland, yes that show. end of the first series was daft and series 2 was awful. I'm done with the show. Can see it's headed one way now. The initial plot never leant itself to an ongoing TV show.

I think it's a bit harsh calling it awful.

But I do agree that it goes massively downhill in season 2. Season 1 was superb, but I had conversations (some on here I'm sure) where I said it was already striking me as a show that only really had 1 season planned and will then go on and on. Season 2 proved that to be correct.

It picked up towards the end of season 2 but is still a shadow of what it was.

I'll keep watching it, but I'm not holding out much hope of it improving again.

The Sopranos is a great show but it has taken me ages to get through it. I just can't watch it consistently for some reason.

However, the interactions between Tony and the therapist are just some of the best TV writing ever IMO. The dialogue between Tony and his mother in the first few seasons is just brilliant too.

But I do agree that it goes massively downhill in season 2. Season 1 was superb, but I had conversations (some on here I'm sure) where I said it was already striking me as a show that only really had 1 season planned and will then go on and on. Season 2 proved that to be correct.

The second series was woeful, it went from a 'realistic' spy type thriller to 24, with stupid plot holes and coincidences left right and centre.

Suppose I have to explain a bit better. The standard I expect for a show where it has finished its run and can watch end to end with sometimes 2,3,4 episodes in a row is lower than one where I watch episodes weekly after they air.

In that sense I'm done with Homeland. I didn't enjoy the majority of the 2nd season. Something exacerbated by watching it weekly. I'll stop watching it and maybe if I hear that it turns out to be a good show I may dig it up in a few years.

But Game of Thrones and Homeland suffered from the fact that the other shows I'd watch with them usually back to back on a Monday evening were consistently entertaining. Mad Men & Boardwalk Empire respectively. 

I'll likely dodge Game of Thrones next year until it's finished its run and watch them all over space of a week. Think it's best way to view some shows. 

But a TV shows sheer length of the entire run still just totally puts me off some shows. A few people said the Shield is good and worth a watch, but 75 hours of a show is too much for me. It can't hold my attention that long. I even thought The Sopranos went on too long.

• Like 1

Suppose I have to explain a bit better. The standard I expect for a show where it has finished its run and can watch end to end with sometimes 2,3,4 episodes in a row is lower than one where I watch episodes weekly after they air.

In that sense I'm done with Homeland. I didn't enjoy the majority of the 2nd season. Something exacerbated by watching it weekly. I'll stop watching it and maybe if I hear that it turns out to be a good show I may dig it up in a few years.

But Game of Thrones and Homeland suffered from the fact that the other shows I'd watch with them usually back to back on a Monday evening were consistently entertaining. Mad Men & Boardwalk Empire respectively. 

I'll likely dodge Game of Thrones next year until it's finished its run and watch them all over space of a week. Think it's best way to view some shows. 

But a TV shows sheer length of the entire run still just totally puts me off some shows. A few people said the Shield is good and worth a watch, but 75 hours of a show is too much for me. It can't hold my attention that long. I even thought The Sopranos went on too long.

Yeah i know what you mean. And I do agree about Game of Thrones (even though I still love that show, watching it weekly)

If Game Of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook: Season 3 Finale

Last one for the year.

And my job here is done.

These genuinely help me keep track of the story as well as being amusing. Top marks!

how did lost end anyway? was they all dead? what was with the **** polar bear?

Nobody knows. Least of all the writers. It's a hilarious shambles of opening up a story line and never ever ending them. The numbers one is the best though. Utter nonsense. 

I'm proud of my mate, he just stopped watching during the 2nd last series and said he'd never watch anymore of this dross.

A testament to how bad the show was is that since it finished nobody has ever attempted to rerun the show on tv.  :crylaugh:

8pints I know chew was messing. Was just hitting peeps up with BSG trivia.  ;)

lost was one hell of a mess. Got people hooked with mysteries and then never resolved them. 

Out of curiousity CVB what are your thoughts on The Sopranos? at 6 seasons it falls into your show that goes on too long category but imo and many others it is the best tv show made with fantastic pacing and captivating story.

Â