Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It was fine. But I had presumed we were going to see them pulled off one by one.

Respect to them for closing it down.

Now, if you want to see how not to make exactly the same programme, try some Ghosts USA. Awful.

I was expecting the same but on hindsight, the incredibly poignant solution was lovely. 

I can only imagine how badly the Americans would butcher the same show! 

• Like 2

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Started the new season of Fargo, back to it's brilliant best. After watching the first 3 episodes, I'm really struggling to re- engage with Reacher. It really isn't all that. 

If you are a fan of the books, as I was before, the last couple of poor outings, the new series of Reacher  is bang on the money, replicating, bad luck and trouble, which, arguably is Child’s best book

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If you are a fan of the books, as I was before, the last couple of poor outings, the new series of Reacher  is bang on the money, replicating, bad luck and trouble, which, arguably is Child’s best book

I'll stick with Fargo for now. Maybe try and finish the remaining episodes of Reacher, but like I said, I'm struggling with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'll stick with Fargo for now. Maybe try and finish the remaining episodes of Reacher, but like I said, I'm struggling with it.

I don’t think the last episodes are out till mid January, so no need to rush👍

for the record, I am enjoying Fargo as well

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Just caught the 2nd ep of the Beckham doc, the wife having watched the first already and she doesn't even like football (no idea what she was looking for...) - it's shite. 

It's a PR exercise produced by them. It's hideous. He actually went down a lot in my estimations after watching it. 

It also came across as a chance for them to dig the knife into people they don't like - eg Hoddle.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of Brockmire based on a recommendation.   I was caught off guard by the monologue about walking in on his wife pegging the next door neighbor, as our 15 year-old daughter was watching with us.  A tad awkward.

It was a very funny show, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Just watched the first episode of Brockmire based on a recommendation.   I was caught off guard by the monologue about walking in on his wife pegging the next door neighbor, as our 15 year-old daughter was watching with us.  A tad awkward.

It was a very funny show, though.

What platform is this on? 

13 hours ago, Jon said:

What platform is this on? 

I’m in the US and watched on Amazon video.   The first episode was free and then you have to subscribe to AMC+ (7-day free trial), which is why we didn’t just go ahead and watch the next episode.  Looks like you can also pay by the episode on Apple TV and Vudu.  The guy who recommended it to us had watched it in the UK, presumably fairly recently, so I assume it’s available there.

• Like 1

I very rarely watch ITV, mainly because I can't watch it live on my TV. Too lazy, or maybe too tight to get a freeview Ariel. However, the new Toby Jones drama a true story titled Mr Bates v The Post Office looks very interesting. So I may just decide to watch it on my cracked screen Samsung tablet. That's how much I admire the acting talent of Toby Jones.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I very rarely watch ITV, mainly because I can't watch it live on my TV. Too lazy, or maybe too tight to get a freeview Ariel. However, the new Toby Jones drama a true story titled Mr Bates v The Post Office looks very interesting. So I may just decide to watch it on my cracked screen Samsung tablet. That's how much I admire the acting talent of Toby Jones.

I will be giving it a watch. It's one of those dramas that I think won't need to embelish for dramatic effect. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I will be giving it a watch. It's one of those dramas that I think won't need to embelish for dramatic effect. 

Amy Nuttall = must watch ;) edit : only in one episode, boooo!

Edited by rjw63

Rewatching the Sopranos again, every time it gets better and better. Even little things, like the relationship with Agent Harris, Sil and his Asthma, so many small nuances that add so many levels to what is already an amazing show

• Like 2

Â