Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Tried to watch First Responder last night before the footie.

Won't bother watching episode two; too depressing, too full of scouse stereotypes, too many shell-suits and curly perms.

Not sure if it was supposed to be set in 1985?

On one of my Sopranos reruns, that 5th episode of the first season where Tony kills the rat, but it's also the one with Carmella and the Priest where they watch films and get drunk on wine and indulge in sexual thoughts for each other. Then the morning after comes and they're suddenly the most awkward couple in the world. 

Nothing beats this show. 

• Thanks 1

In regards to The Sopranos, for lol moments, I have to give it to Junior, when he's talking to Tony's mother in the residential home and the old fellow walks by on his Zimmer frame and says to Olivia, "whose this a new arrival," and  Junior in his own subtle way says, "go ahead, keep moving, fella". 

Just started (first two episodes) of 'Bodies' on Netflix. Had to overcome my visceral dislike of Stephen Graham to do so, but luckily he's only been on for about five minutes so far. 

It's certainly ambitious. Sherlock Holmes meets Foyle's War meets The Bill meets Blade Runner. 

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Serious?

He's a contender for best British TV actor imo

Professional scouser, and a face I want to punch. 

And he's in everybloodything.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just started (first two episodes) of 'Bodies' on Netflix. Had to overcome my visceral dislike of Stephen Graham to do so, but luckily he's only been on for about five minutes so far. 

It's certainly ambitious. Sherlock Holmes meets Foyle's War meets The Bill meets Blade Runner. 

Does it get any better? I gave up after the second episode 

Not sure if anime counts, but just finished Gundam Wing. Tomino's anti-war message is especially poignant in this current climate, but some of the writing was all over the place. Enjoyed it. English dub is way worse than I remember it from when I was a kid though 😂

Â