Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

yeah mad men and game of thrones were brilliant this week, mad men was a bit strange how they seperated it out in to the 3 stories

game of thrones with easily the best line of the year (possibly ever)

"do you think a good shag will cure him?"

"there's no cure for being a word removed"

:clap:

Bronn always makes me laugh.

"They say its impregnable" "Give me 10 good men and climbing spikes - I'll impregnate the bitch" :lol:

Though I properly lol'd at the above :crylaugh:

Bronn is a good character and Jerome Flynn plays him well. Back when he was one half of Robson and Jerome I was laughing at him for quite a different reason.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, although I'm starting to wonder just how much is going to be changed from the books. Last episode particularly it seemed they changed quite a bit.

I just watched the new South Park that was on Comedy Central on Friday night and there's a very funny bit where Mr Garrison is teaching what appears to be a history lesson, but it's actually a history of Westeros. Fantastic.

yeah mad men and game of thrones were brilliant this week, mad men was a bit strange how they seperated it out in to the 3 stories

game of thrones with easily the best line of the year (possibly ever)

"do you think a good shag will cure him?"

"there's no cure for being a word removed"

:clap:

Bronn always makes me laugh.

"They say its impregnable" "Give me 10 good men and climbing spikes - I'll impregnate the bitch" :lol:

Though I properly lol'd at the above :crylaugh:

Bronn is a good character and Jerome Flynn plays him well. Back when he was one half of Robson and Jerome I was laughing at him for quite a different reason.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, although I'm starting to wonder just how much is going to be changed from the books. Last episode particularly it seemed they changed quite a bit.

I agree, perfectly cast same as Tyrion. Both play off each other very well.

Just watched series 1-3 of Californication back to back for what must be the third time again this past week, just ordered series 4 so looking forward to that arriving.

I desperately, desperately want to be Hank Moody and it saddens me I'll never be anywhere remotely as awesome :(

aha yes, quite excellent that it is. And for the impatient ones, its been screened and box-setted in Denmark so is available at well known internet 'shops'

I crammed the first 4 episodes of this on iplayer yesterday, and it is excellent, but I am still trying to work out why!

The directness and complete detachment from human nature of Saga cracks me up.

aha yes, quite excellent that it is. And for the impatient ones, its been screened and box-setted in Denmark so is available at well known internet 'shops'

I crammed the first 4 episodes of this on iplayer yesterday, and it is excellent, but I am still trying to work out why!

The directness and complete detachment from human nature of Saga cracks me up.

have this on Sky+. Will leave it until the series has finished and watch it in block viewings!!!

My life has a huge void.....i started watching friday night lights thanks to this thread and just finished season 5, what the hell am i suppossed to do now???

I've watched it all now too. As much as I enjoyed it, I thought it was going to pan out to be a lot darker than it actually was. If I was going to criticise it more, I'd say it got very formulaic. All in all though a good show, that I enjoyed watching. Also had some blinding eye candy, which is nice.

Me too Stevo. I didn't even know there was 5 seasons. Looking forward to loads more of Lyla & Tyra *wibble*

Lyla is incredible!

I think I'll only manage to stay on the Sky Atlantic progress until the first season is finished. After that I'll probably download the rest

I'll stay on Sky's schedule, otherwise I'll suffer the same fate as tomzep! Plus I've enough going on TV-wise that keeps me occupied through the week. That might (in fact that will) change once the football season finished though. I'll watch the Euros but the Olympics can kiss my shiny metal ass.

If season 2 of Friday Night Lights follows straight on from Season 1 on Sky Atlantic then I may stay with the weekly progress. But if there's a break, I won't be able to resist.

I did watch all of Friday Night Lights as recommended in this thread and thought it was okay. Thought they could have developed it a bit better. I love the fact they tried to pass Tyra off for being a what... 17 year old? She must be about 25 in the first series.

One of the seasons just isnt worth watching as it's just a huge mess, cant remember if it's season two or three..... wont give any spoilers away, but... as there was a writers strike half way through the series, when the strike finished, they changed a lot of the characters story lines... kinda leaves you thinking "WTF, have I missed a few episodes?"

All in all it's a good watch.

That's a few posts now that have broached on being a summary of series' not yet aired on Sky. Looks like I will once again be avoiding this thread for the foreseeable. I don't really know why I come in here anyway. No good can come from it and it can (and has) end(ed) in tears.

Â