Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Am loving chucky the tv show. Its brilliant 

Waiting for the second series to come on NowTV.

First series was excellent and I think that's mostly down to Don Mancinis continued involvement and the cracking blend of legacy and new characters.

And Chucky of course, who still manages to be as iconic and fresh as ever.

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Waiting for the second series to come on NowTV.

First series was excellent and I think that's mostly down to Don Mancinis continued involvement and the cracking blend of legacy and new characters.

And Chucky of course, who still manages to be as iconic and fresh as ever.

2nd season is very good too.

Just on the finale now. **** hell there is one brutal bit in this episode without going into spoilers 😆

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 08:24, stuart_75 said:

Not worth watching then? I had hopes that it would be half decent.

It's easy watching in a Stalone hard man type way. I will watch another episode ( out the corner of my eye )

51 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I’m surprised more people aren’t loving 1899 tbh I think it’s been great. It was never going to be as good as Dark, imo there are very very few shows as good as Dark

Agreed. We have two episodes to go. Essentially it's a bit like a Doctor Who plotline (but much better). However, I read the Wikipedia page, and

discovered that it doesn't conclude properly, and the makers 'have ideas for' another two series - which Netflix have not yet greenlighted.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 23:13, Rds1983 said:

Started War of the World's and enjoying it so far. Solid acting, direction and writing and building the tension nicely. 

The first series was on a couple of years or so ago, on BBC in the UK. It seems like there's a 2nd series from the ads I keep seeing on the TV in not England, to stream it on 7OD or whatever channel it was

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The first series was on a couple of years or so ago, on BBC in the UK. It seems like there's a 2nd series from the ads I keep seeing on the TV in not England, to stream it on 7OD or whatever channel it was

Now I am confused, is this the one you are on about Blandy? 

Only seems to be one series that seems nothing like the one quotes by @Rds1983but fits in 2019? 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Only seems to be one series that seems nothing like the one quotes by @Rds1983but fits in 2019? 

The one I was on about had "into my arms" by Nick Cave and the bad seeds as the theme music. Think it was set in France then the UK later in the series. Started off on top of a mountain, with a space observation station and then aliens came and killed people. It was quite engaging, but they had me with the theme music for the first episode.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

The one I was on about had "into my arms" by Nick Cave and the bad seeds as the theme music. Think it was set in France then the UK later in the series. Started off on top of a mountain, with a space observation station and then aliens came and killed people. It was quite engaging, but they had me with the theme music for the first episode.

I vaguely remember this, was one episode when they had a hospital under seige and their was a military unit in the mountains or something?

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Gotcha 👍👏two completely different takes on it quite close together, damn you TV producers 

I didn't know it was a new version, just assumed from the TV ad it was a second series been made.  Beware space aliens!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I didn't know it was a new version, just assumed from the TV ad it was a second series been made.  Beware space aliens!

One set in Victorian London and one in modern day France. I think our military held out longer in our version. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The one I'm watching is on Disney and is modern day setting. Has Gabriel Byrne playing a scientist and is half UK and half France. There is a space station on top of a mountain and a hospital under siege so sounds like the one @blandy mentioned. I'm enjoying it so far but only about 5 episodes in though. Looks like it has 3 seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

The one I'm watching is on Disney and is modern day setting. Has Gabriel Byrne playing a scientist and is half UK and half France. There is a space station on top of a mountain and a hospital under siege so sounds like the one @blandy mentioned. I'm enjoying it so far but only about 5 episodes in though. Looks like it has 3 seasons. 

I’ve watched both mate but forgot the French one (only the first series of each and got them mixed up👍)  The one set in Victorian London is worth a watch as well

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The chances of anything coming from Mars were a million to one they said,  then you get two lots around tho same bleedin time 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve watched both mate but forgot the French one (only the first series of each and got them mixed up👍)  The one set in Victorian London is worth a watch as well

Will keep an eye out. Any adaptation has to be compared to Jeff Wayne's though as that's by far my favourite. 

• Like 1

Â