Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Who's communicating with 2149?

General Harper.... he must be because IIRC he said he'd ordered supplies and staff, which surely must be sent through some mechanism presumably the timemachine/stargate thingy.

He could have just left a note somewhere that they then picked up in the future.

Etched his shopping list into a rock ready to be discovered when the time comes.

Maybe that's what the dead sea scrolls are.

Didn't the girl say they're in a different 'timestream'? Ie a parallel universe, so he couldn't leave messages per se

I don't think he does communicate, it's up to whoever is at the other end to decide what they need as it's a one way trip

Yeah it's a different time line but he did say he was communicating back

Maybe it's like the stargate wormhole in that voice can travel 2 ways but matter only one ... Lucky that :-)

I am prepared to go out on a limb here and say that I am enjoying Breaking Bad more than I enjoyed The Wire. Not necessarily saying it is a better show, but it is up there. It is definitely up there. I bought S1 and S2 of Breaking Bad on DVD, worth every penny I might add, but I was distraught when I saw that S3, which aired in early 2010 still doesnt have a region 2 DVD release so I might have found some TV rips online somewhere. I have to ask this, but why is the swearing censored on the American TV broadcasts? Why are the censors over there fine with scenes of drug use and extreme violence, but not okay with the word "****"? Makes no sense to me.

I am prepared to go out on a limb here and say that I am enjoying Breaking Bad more than I enjoyed The Wire. Not necessarily saying it is a better show, but it is up there. It is definitely up there. I bought S1 and S2 of Breaking Bad on DVD, worth every penny I might add, but I was distraught when I saw that S3, which aired in early 2010 still doesnt have a region 2 DVD release so I might have found some TV rips online somewhere. I have to ask this, but why is the swearing censored on the American TV broadcasts? Why are the censors over there fine with scenes of drug use and extreme violence, but not okay with the word "****"? Makes no sense to me.
My copies of Breaking Bad (the versions that aired on AMC) don't have any censorship in them.

I seem to be an episode ahead of most on Boardwalk Empire as I am keeping time with the American broadcasts. I thought S2E02 was better than the quite brilliant first episode. Without spoiling anything, there is a moment that you know is going to happen from the second the blue touchpaper is lit, but the way in which they keep you waiting for it and how it is finally delivered is epic stuff. :nod:

I can't overemphasise the point, but you need to see S03 and S04 of Breaking Bad. I was quite happy with the first two series but the third was a huge advancement and the fourth is just amazing. I have never watched the Wire, it's one I have in the bank though. Breaking Bad S01 & S02 were good, S03 gave the Sopranos a run for the money but S04, well, it's just edge-of-the-seat stuff all the way. So unpredictable yet so solid. It's like the best twist in a film all the way through the series. Absolute must see, Rev. Trust me, you will love it!

I can't overemphasise the point, but you need to see S03 and S04 of Breaking Bad. I was quite happy with the first two series but the third was a huge advancement and the fourth is just amazing.

Can't agree with this. Season one was very good, season 2 was the best telly ever, but I though they were considerable off the boil in 3. The lastest season has plenty of action in it, but its lost a lot of the tension.

I agree that breaking bad went of the boil season 3 and 4. I dont think it can get anywhere near the Sopranos (though im bias as ive watched sopranos all the way through about 10 times). Saying that breaking bad is excellent Tv

People who watch BB should also listen to the podcasts on the AMC website that are put up after each episode, they're quite informative. The AMC censorship is a bit ghey, but the writers would prefer for a swear to be dubbed out and then put back in for the DVD rather than use a more mild word then '****'...

It's important to note that there are no rules, per se, on what AMC shows. It's all down to AMC's Standards & Practices department (likely in consultation with the advertising sales department).

Thanks to the good people on this thread who wrote about Game of Thrones. Pure awesomeness: the music, the settings, the costumes, the cast, the script, the plot, the concept - all top notch. And the acting is only dodgy SOME of the time. I've watched it through twice. Can't wait for the next series (February or so I think).

Â