Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yes, I disagree re. the pace too. There was an incredible amount of exposition in the first couple of episodes which I think was to be expected as they had to cover a lot of ground, but that's thinned out as the show has progressed.

I think it's been a very good case of showing just enough each week to keep the intrigue and just enough to keep us guessing where the whole story arc will end up.

Personally I think it's been a triumphant piece of TV and roll on the second series.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Just finished Breaking Bad, not as phenomenal as people made it out to be but the last few seasons were very good. Absolutely hated Skylar White though.

That's what's so great about the writing though. She is completely and utterly justified in how she felt but you hate her and the creators have you rooting for the life ruining drug dealer instead. It's brilliant.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

That's what's so great about the writing though. She is completely and utterly justified in how she felt but you hate her and the creators have you rooting for the life ruining drug dealer instead. It's brilliant.

She isn't justified though; she is an emasculating, manipulative, hypocritical and just a horrible character. Didn't really like Walt as a person either but was a good character, the people I was rooting for were Jessie, Saul, Mike and Gus.

• Like 3

My issue with lost was the way it ended each episode, I don't mind suspense. I don't mind clever writing but for me a cliffhanger at the end of every episode where you have to watch next week otherwise the hour you just spent doesn't reward you in any way is so **** cheap, I don't consider westworld to have done that to me

i gave up on lost after about 3 episodes, my expectations were that they were just going to mug me off

• Like 1

Regarding Westworld and "The Maze", what are people's theories on that? I think that...

Spoiler

There is no physical "maze". The maze is almost like an idea for the hosts to break their normal routine and become "human" by having their own consciousness, making their own decisions etc. We've seen many times that the hosts sort of "Stutter" when they try to think outside of what they are programmed to do. If they manage to think outside of their programming, then they have effectively left the maze. If any host can break their own code so to speak, Arnold would have set them free. I also believe Doloris was the first host to escape the maze so to speak, and in turn when she become self aware of whatever, decided to kill Arnold for creating her as a host, or creating the maze or something like that? 

The only thing I'm struggling is is why is the MiB trying to seek out this maze? Unless he believes it's a physical maze?

Edited by PieFacE

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Regarding Westworld and "The Maze", what are people's theories on that? I think that...

Hide contents

There is no physical "maze". The maze is almost like an idea for the hosts to break their normal routine and become "human" by having their own consciousness, making their own decisions etc. We've seen many times that the hosts sort of "Stutter" when they try to think outside of what they are programmed to do. If they manage to think outside of their programming, then they have effectively left the maze. If any host can break their own code so to speak, Arnold would have set them free. I also believe Doloris was the first host to escape the maze so to speak, and in turn when she become self aware of whatever, decided to kill Arnold for creating her as a host, or creating the maze or something like that? 

The only thing I'm struggling is is why is the MiB trying to seek out this maze? Unless he believes it's a physical maze?

Spoiler

I think it's two-fold. The MiB is following a very distinct path through the mountains so the Maze is in part physical, but I think you are also correct when you say it's a mental maze formed by the hosts thought processes and decisions.

The purpose of these is of course the real mystery. Got to say i'm pretty stumped as to it's overall purpose.

• Like 1

I started watching WW from the beginning again before next weeks season finale.

Spoiler

Knowing now that there are 3 timelines and the MiB is most likely William I thought I'd take another run at the opening few episodes.

1st time around I just thought it was slow with too much exposition and rambling narrative. Now it makes a lot more sense - it's actually much better 2nd time through searching for the clues etc.

1 minute ago, tarjei said:

Watching Banshee, I'm 7 episodes in. Another good recommendation by the Villatalkers. Brutal and over the top but I like it.

It is superb. I watched it after recommendations on here. Its gets better and better. Season 3 is amazing TV

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Always sunny is the only thing I can just watch and watch over again and still find it funny.

Charlie Work is the best 30 mins of TV ever.

The one with the 'continous' tracking shot? 

Haven't seen it yet as I've only recently started watching the show (just started season 6) but I've heard a lot about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The one with the 'continous' tracking shot? 

Haven't seen it yet as I've only recently started watching the show (just started season 6) but I've heard a lot about it.

Yes. On further watches you keep seeing extra little details. The story is spot on too. You'll like it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Very good finale to Westworld.

Nothing too OTT just well written and satisfying. 

A great series, and another hit for HBO.

Season two is going to go in a completely different direction I think. It's almost like this series is a prequel to how the actual story will go. Also I want to see more of samurai world

That would have been a perfect stand alone series, up there with the absolute best, IMO. I can't wait to see what they come up with for season 2, though.

Spoiler

This was shown in episode 6, he was planning this for some time!

c9SHoKX.png

He's back in season 2 though, for sure. I don't believe for a minute it was actually him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

Westworld:

I've been convinced for a few episodes that:

Spoiler

Every single person we have met so far are robots. Obviously Ford is, but i also think MIB/William will be as will all the staff running Westworld.

Ford's new narrative is the escape of Mayve, which means that everyone she encounters and Samurai training and all the people shot and killed is all still inside a virtual world. 

Also, thought it was a fantastic season.

Edited by ender4

Â