Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

This weeks game of thrones, shit just got real!

Just about to watch it...

****...wasn't expecting THAT at the end.

And those **** Lanisters...so slimy and incestuous they mmight as well be wearing small heath shirts

This weeks game of thrones, shit just got real!

Just about to watch it...

****...wasn't expecting THAT at the end.

And those **** Lanisters...so slimy and incestuous they mmight as well be wearing small heath shirts

:D Wasn't half bad was it.

I'm sensing a real cliff hanger of a season ending where we'll be begging for season 2.

after finishing Mad Men season 4 (which was ace by the way)

A few people have said this and I've battled my way through 5 episodes of season one and its been monstrously dull. Really thin storyline. When does it get better, can I skip straight to a later season?

If you aren't a fan of season 1 its unlikely you'll like the rest, for the most part the show is slow(i prefer to say deliberately) paced, and as one of my friends who watched the first two seasons said 'I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did'

The appeal of the show to me is watching the characters interact in the 60s setting.

Agreed. I thought the same after half of season 1, I just thought "There doesn't seem to be anything going on long term"

but there is. it's very much character based, and it develops slowly and ultimately pays off.

There's also some gem moments disperesed throughout the show

Thanks for the advice peeps. I'm consigning this one to the delete button. I like shows with lots of storylines woven together, and pacey. The best shows for me are;

Breaking Bad (THE number one show)

Dexter

24 (although I'd be happier if they called it "12")

after finishing Mad Men season 4 (which was ace by the way)

A few people have said this and I've battled my way through 5 episodes of season one and its been monstrously dull. Really thin storyline. When does it get better, can I skip straight to a later season?

If you aren't a fan of season 1 its unlikely you'll like the rest, for the most part the show is slow(i prefer to say deliberately) paced, and as one of my friends who watched the first two seasons said 'I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did'

The appeal of the show to me is watching the characters interact in the 60s setting.

Agreed. I thought the same after half of season 1, I just thought "There doesn't seem to be anything going on long term"

but there is. it's very much character based, and it develops slowly and ultimately pays off.

There's also some gem moments disperesed throughout the show

Thanks for the advice peeps. I'm consigning this one to the delete button. I like shows with lots of storylines woven together, and pacey. The best shows for me are;

Breaking Bad (THE number one show)

Dexter

24 (although I'd be happier if they called it "12")

Have you seen the shield?

Just finished season 4, great series and fits the bill in terms of what you like.

Thoroughly enjoying the new series of Psychoville at the moment.

Beautifully dark and twisted as expected from Mr.Shearsmith and Pemberton.

And as for the Silent Singer... :shock:

silent_singer.jpg

A friend lent me the box series of Boomtown...

watched the Pilot and first three episodes so far...It's quirky and rather good I must say.

Donnie Wahlberg is excellent as he is in Blue Bloods.

My top 3 TV shows that everyone should see

1, Battlestar Galactica - Quite simply in a league of it's own.

2. The Wire - Truly top notch characters

3. Mad Men - One that's tough to get into but once you're in it's top notch.

Breaking Bad, Entourage and Band of Brothers would be the pick of other shows I've seen. Lost lost it's way and had no pay off for your investment, one I'd avoid if you haven't seen it yet.

A Series I've never seen is OZ, just never got around to watching it. Is it worth watching 14 years after it's original air date or will it feel a bit dated, as in relation to the level of quality HBO shows have reached since.

Oz is great until half way into season four. It's almost as if the writers finished the show and the broadcaster told them they had to shit out more episodes as it was more popular than they expected. The show definitely definitely ends half way into season four. Two people go into a cell, one comes out and that should have been it, but no, they decided to turn it into some far fetched borderline sci fi bollocks. Possibly the biggest shark jumping I have ever known. But the first four and a half seasons are great. Watch those.

ZGaeP.jpg

Speaking of chokey, who watched the Louis Theroux specials about the Miami jail system? I'm surprised there wasnt a thread on them (or that I missed it if there was) but amazing television.

Episode 2 was on last night and is on iPlayer. It seems part 1 has been taken down already, but it is on YouTube. I'll link that because I know that non UK VT'ers will be into it too.

Louis Theroux, Miami Mega Jail

Not sure if I am the only one who could not get into treme, gutted as has very high expectations but it just bored me

I'm 2 episodes in. Don't think much of it yet, but I felt the same about the Wire, so I'll judge Treme at the end of the season. I'm hoping (and expecting) it get's better

Not sure if I am the only one who could not get into treme, gutted as has very high expectations but it just bored me

I'm 2 episodes in. Don't think much of it yet, but I felt the same about the Wire, so I'll judge Treme at the end of the season. I'm hoping (and expecting) it get's better

Its not as good as The Wire, but its been renewed for a 2nd and 3rd season.

Its problem is there is not much plot, its the characters and new orleans as a place thats the key. It does that on par with The Wire, but the doesn't have the interesting plot and character arcs that the wire does.

Anyone watching 'Big Love', up there with the genius that is Six Feet Under?

A friend lent me the box series of Boomtown...

watched the Pilot and first three episodes so far...It's quirky and rather good I must say.

Donnie Wahlberg is excellent as he is in Blue Bloods.

An underrated gem of a show. I loved it.

Didn't realise there was a Region 2 boxset out?

At the moment I'm going through all the episodes of 'Airwolf'. Good show...

Â