Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Have finished Community. 

First 2 series are excellent, the third really tails off and the 4th is utterly dreadful. I thought the 5th series from episode 2/3 onward picks up the basic concept, does it's own thing and it becomes a new show, watchable in it's own right whilst not hitting the heights of 1 & 2. Maybe the 6th series can carry on the upward curve.

It can't. It's shit. 

Anyone watching "The Island" this year?

I love it, and the contrast between the men and the women's island this year is pretty interesting.

• Like 1

I love it, and the contrast between the men and the women's island this year is pretty interesting.

I like it but I'm a bit dubious of the editing. Last week's 'Vic' episode started with him catching a load of fish. Then he was kicking off and arguing with everyone, then he had a near death experience which was followed by a tear jerking heart to heart with the guys. Then he went and caught a load of fish and became the hero again.

Who knows what order that happened in.

The women have been useless. The walking around in circles for the first 3 days drove me mad.

• Like 2

I like it but I'm a bit dubious of the editing. Last week's 'Vic' episode started with him catching a load of fish. Then he was kicking off and arguing with everyone, then he had a near death experience which was followed by a tear jerking heart to heart with the guys. Then he went and caught a load of fish and became the hero again.

The women have been useless. The walking around in circles for the first 3 days drove me mad.

I thought Vic came across as a grade A arsehole in that episode. I hate him now. Proper dickhead. You may be right about the editing.

The women are useless. That whole thing with the water in the most recent episode.

They weren't getting enough water. They knew they weren't getting enough water.

They did nothing to rectify it. 10 days they weren't getting enough water, and they knew it.

It was like they were just waiting around for a solution to hit them in the head. And they only started to rectify the situation when the medical team spelled it out for them. And it wasn't like it was a difficult one.

The passing fisherman chucking them a fish summed up the women, in my opinion. They'd die on a real island.

Edited by Stevo985

I thought Vic came across as a grade A arsehole in that episode. I hate him now. Proper dickhead. You may be right about the editing.

The women are useless. That whole thing with the water in the most recent episode.

They weren't getting enough water. They knew they weren't getting enough water.

They did nothing to rectify it. 10 days they weren't getting enough water, and they knew it.

It was like they were just waiting around for a solution to hit them in the head. And they only started to rectify the situation when the medical team spelled it out for them. And it wasn't like it was a difficult one.

The passing fisherman chucking them a fish summed up the women, in my opinion. They'd die on a real island.

The fact that they're all bitching about sleeping on the floor and getting eaten alive by the bugs in the night. What do they do in the day to solve the problem? Lie around on the beach sunbathing... What did the guys do? Build a shit load of beds to get themselves off the floor.

I'm constantly shouting at the TV when the women's island is on. Useless.

• Like 1

Exactly. They moan about the problem but then sit around on their arse all day not solving anything.

Again, maybe clever editing is to blame and they spend all day hunting and fetching water but they only show us them lying around on the beach.

But it's infuriating.

I also have massive MASSIVE doubts about that big pig they caught. Just happened to be sleeping right in the middle of a clearing. So fast asleep it didn't hear them until they were right on top of it.

Hmmm

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Exactly. They moan about the problem but then sit around on their arse all day not solving anything.

Again, maybe clever editing is to blame and they spend all day hunting and fetching water but they only show us them lying around on the beach.

But it's infuriating.

I also have massive MASSIVE doubts about that big pig they caught. Just happened to be sleeping right in the middle of a clearing. So fast asleep it didn't hear them until they were right on top of it.

Hmmm

Yup and the two little pigs they actually let go, but somehow the piglets found them again to be eaten.. BIG coincidence, especially because the men haven't found any healthy pigs to eat.. the women have had 3 given to them. The women are frickin' retards, lead by head retard, the vegetarian.

Their idea for the fridge was good though, but poorly executed.  Surprised the blokes didn't think of it with the Crocodile meat the had after their one and only meal.

Edited by lapal_fan

I thought they should have used the sea as a fridge. Stick it in the jerry can and seal it, tie it to a rope and let it sink and then anchor it to the land somehow.

Dunno how warm that would be down there.

But their ingenuity was erased when they discarded the highly valuable jerry can because it had had the meat in it. Just wash the **** thing if it's so important!

Also, I missed the first couple of episodes. What's the vegetarian eating?

• Like 1

I thought they should have used the sea as a fridge. Stick it in the jerry can and seal it, tie it to a rope and let it sink and then anchor it to the land somehow.

Dunno how warm that would be down there.

But their ingenuity was erased when they discarded the highly valuable jerry can because it had had the meat in it. Just wash the **** thing if it's so important!

Also, I missed the first couple of episodes. What's the vegetarian eating?

Yucca roots.  about 650cal in each one, and they're quite plentiful by the looks of it.

Just read all the animals are indigenous, but the crew do add more of them to the island - which makes sense from an entertainment point of view.

They also had to dig a pit for the womens island, for a fresh water source.

The best thing for a fridge was to put it in the sand, in a container, with water around it - but you have to dig deeper than the height of a jerry can, because sand warms up so much.

They should have dug about 4 feet it have any real chance of it being useful, although that would be hard with the tools they've been provided.  I imagine they'd have lost the **** thing too :lol:

I imagine they'd have got to needing to dig it up, wouldn't have been arsed and would have gone for a swim instead, whilst crying about how hungry they are.

• Like 1

The return of Penny Dreadful was most welcome, even if just for a glimpse of Billie Pipers Chuff!

Chuff you say?

mccarthy-careless-whisper-o.gif

Indeed I did. 

A lovely looking one at that. Didn't realise they were so well groomed in the Victorian era! 

• Like 2

Bloodline is decent, cracking cast.

It's a very slow burner and well worth the time invested :thumb:

Mad Men slow at time, but enjoyed it a lot.

Friday Night Lights fans, it has Coach Taylor in it.

That's literally the only reason I watched the first episode :D

I'll finish it once I'm done with House of Cards

I didn't really know where to put this, but is it just me that didn't realise that this bloke...

_1402433488.jpg

Was also this bloke...

13006_view.jpg

And is also this bloke? :o

5519b46111f41.jpg

My mind is blown.

Very nice fellow. Stayed in the hotel I was working at for a month.
  • Like 2

Â