Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It might be a trashy, unrealistic sex & violence fest with Brit and Aussie actors displaying some if the worst American accents ever to make it to TV but I am totally addicted to Strike Back.

We couldn't get through the first episode of The Wire. Too slow, nothing interesting was happening and it wasn't gripping us at all.

Said anyone who's ever watched The Wire
After really enjoying Breaking Bad and Walking Dead, The Wire just seemed like any other cops/drug programme. Maybe I'll give it a few more episodes another day. The other half won't watch it though. Her exact words were "This is as dry as a droopy armpit"... She has a way with words, obviously.

We couldn't get through the first episode of The Wire. Too slow, nothing interesting was happening and it wasn't gripping us at all.

Said anyone who's ever watched The Wire
After really enjoying Breaking Bad and Walking Dead, The Wire just seemed like any other cops/drug programme. Maybe I'll give it a few more episodes another day. The other half won't watch it though. Her exact words were "This is as dry as a droopy armpit"... She has a way with words, obviously.
Despite me being a huge fan of breaking bad, I absolutely loved it, The Wire is still better.

Be sure to give it a chance. It would be a shame to miss out because you couldn't get through the first couple of episodes.

Its not even fair to make the comparison to TWD. The Wire is a better show in its first 15 minutes than TWD will ever be.

Edited by Stevo985

Well the last episode of Homeland was a kick in the balls

Bit of a quiet one, wasn't it? Ah well, still a great season.

Downloaded it because I couldn't wait and its got to be one of the worst finales I have seen in ages.

The only plus is that Saul is back but it was a massive turnround from where he was after his release.

I wonder if they had a different season finale in mind, or at least they changed a large chunk of it because James Rebhorn's death. He died back in March though, not sure when this latest season was filmed.

Charlie Brooker did a fantastic job of his yearly wipe this year. Brilliant.

Best telly I've watched for a while and the Adam Curtis documentary featured, Bitter Lake, looks interesting.

Charlie Brooker did a fantastic job of his yearly wipe this year. Brilliant.

Always one of the things I look forward to at Christmas. Didn't think it quite scaled the heights of previous years but still head and shoulders above most of the dross on TV these days.

I just watched that Charlie Brooker thing, I didn't find it or funny or interesting at all. Seems people have been hypnotized into liking his act because he's put out there as a thinking man's entertainer.

Edited by useless

Recorded it and will watch tomorrow. If it's like any of his books, articles or his other TV offerings in recent times then no doubt it'll be very entertaining. I think he's brilliant.

Â