Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I have probably seen every episode of Friends at least ten times over the years and I can still watch them to this day and find them very funny.

I don't know if it's more to do with nostalgia or just because I personally think it's timeless and very well written, but I absolutely love it. The early seasons in particular have some wonderful episodes that take certain turn of events and turn them on their head. Like when Monica goes shopping with Julie and Rachel finds out and they play it out like she's cheated on her. Very funny and clever. It sounds simple now, but it's so well done and was very original at the time.

I bloody love Frasier too though. Niles is one of my absolute favourite sitcom characters of all time and the whole dynamic of the show where two highly educated, sophisticated (and pompous) brothers are constantly shown up and brought back down to earth by their Joe Everyman cop dad is always hilarious.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Friends was great, loved it when it was on, loved 5 years of reruns. It's done now though. I know basically all the words to every episode now. Plus time has moved on and it's more nostalgia now than great comedy.

There are only 3 things that can be watched an infinite number of times. Aliens, Predator & Commando. 

Currently completing my consumption of the Stargateverse with SGU.  Very enjoyable in places, certainly a tonal departure from it's predecessors but the cynic in me keeps picturing the studio bod sat in a meeting somewhere going "That Battlestar remake with all the gritty, religiousy stuff?  Yeah, we want another of those".  Robert Carlyle's great value for money though.

Plus it has turned me on to Julia Benson and her, quite frankly, ridiculous chest.

julia-benson-1.jpg

Â