Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Folski

Battlestar Gallatica is great until All Along the Watchtower happens.

Nah, I liked Season 4. Especially one the best holy shit moments in TV the mid way finale of season 4, and how the crew responds to it in the episodes after that. Probably the highlight of the show that. I also really liked the ending, but I know it was one that might not be to everyones taste. 

Season 1 and first half of season 2 are the weakest, but that's the same for most big story arc shows. 

Nah, I liked Season 4. Especially one the best holy shit moments in TV the mid way finale of season 4, and how the crew responds to it in the episodes after that. Probably the highlight of the show that. I also really liked the ending, but I know it was one that might not be to everyones taste. 

Season 1 and first half of season 2 are the weakest, but that's the same for most big story arc shows. 

Am I right in saying that there are pilot episodes before the first season? (seem to remember reading that) and if so, is it important to watch those first?

Am I right in saying that there are pilot episodes before the first season? (seem to remember reading that) and if so, is it important to watch those first?

There was a mini series, which was just over 3 hours long. Also there was Razor and The Plan 2 hour special episodes after season 3 and 4 which don't form part of the narrative. There was also webisodes which were build up to each season and added some extra depth and motive for some events but again aren't key to the story

I watched the first three episodes of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' and didn't find it funny at all. They just seem to shout at each other.

takes some getting used to.

It does get better though. Once Danny De Vito turns up it's excellent.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I watched the first three episodes of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' and didn't find it funny at all. They just seem to shout at each other.

Must admit I've never really been able to get into it either. There's a few popular ones I've just not "got" I suppose. Seinfeld being another.

• Like 1

Seinfeld is brilliant.

But the thing about it is, it was the first of its kind.

So many sitcoms have used that formula since that, if you watch Seinfeld now, it seems unoriginal.

Curb your enthusiasm is another example of a comedy that I don't find hilarious but still really enjoy the show because I like the characters but in 'Always Sunny...' they just seem a bit annoying. Although I've seen it mentioned a few times that it gets way better once Danny DeVito joins the cast, so I'll see if I can stick around until then.

I found S1 of Community average. S2 was hilarious. S3 is so unwatchable I've given up on it. Just so self-indulgent and unfunny I feel embarrassed watching it.

I just finished S2 of Parks and Rec it's followed that same pattern so far so I'm a bit worried about starting S3.

That said, Philadelphia started pretty much the same and kept getting better.

The final season is going to be set in 1931 so no more Rothstein which is a shame as I thought he was one of the best characters on the show.

that's a shame because they'd already started him on his real life downfall in the last series

real life spoiler - 

he goes on a cold streak and loses a ton of money at a poker game, refuses to pay and gets shot

• Like 1

Unless they're going to feature him in flashbacks or something, I don't how they'd do it. Apparetly it misses out a lot of the stuff that happens to Capone as well. There's a lot they could have done with the show but I guess they didn't want to make too many series, but It's one show where perhaps a spin off series might work.

Unless they're going to feature him in flashbacks or something, I don't how they'd do it. Apparetly it misses out a lot of the stuff that happens to Capone as well. There's a lot they could have done with the show but I guess they didn't want to make too many series, but It's one show where perhaps a spin off series might work.

st valentines day massacre...

• Like 1

It is totally essential.   Without the mini-series, you'd feel like you've just jumped in halfway through a season.

the other specials in between seasons are not needed at all.

Holy shit that Bojack Horseman was just terrible, can not get into that at all. Some jokes makes me cringe and some are just straight up bad. Don't think I can gve it more than 5 episodes, that was just annoying.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â