Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

it'll hit the ground running but wont end as strongly, not sure what they do for the normally highlight of the season episode 9, the best episode will be around 2/3 I think

don't click if you haven't read the books -

im thinking tyrion and joffreys deaths will be around episode 2/3, with tyrions death the highlight of the series, cant see how they can drag out whats left of the book for 10 eisodes, not sure what will happen towards the end, brienne's death, cersei imprisoned, but it wont have the impact of the earlier stuff

Edited by villa4europe

it'll hit the ground running but wont end as strongly, not sure what they do for the normally highlight of the season episode 9, the best episode will be around 2/3 I think

im thinking tyrion and joffreys deaths will be around episode 2/3, with tyrions death the highlight of the series, cant see how they can drag out whats left of the book for 10 eisodes, not sure what will happen towards the end, brienne's death, cersei imprisoned, but it wont have the impact of the earlier stuff

I assume you mean Tywin's death?  That will happen towards the end of the season, it will be following part two of Storm of Swords.

I'm only on Feast for Crows, scared I've read too much!

I assume you mean Tywin's death?  That will happen towards the end of the season, it will be following part two of Storm of Swords.

yeah that's who I meant, there's only about 200/300 pages left of that book do you not think its a bit little to get 10 episodes out of? I can understand them slowing it down because there's every danger they will catch and last season already blurred the lines of the books but still, if they wanted to do that id have thought they'd have taken more time with daenerys, they seemed to skip over her bits really quickly last season

yeah that's who I meant, there's only about 200/300 pages left of that book do you not think its a bit little to get 10 episodes out of? I can understand them slowing it down because there's every danger they will catch and last season already blurred the lines of the books but still, if they wanted to do that id have thought they'd have taken more time with daenerys, they seemed to skip over her bits really quickly last season

Pooed myself about Tyrion then!  I think it will mostly follow the second part because so much happens, and maybe overlap with the start of Feast for Crows.  Although I haven't read Dance with Dragons yet, I think they will overlap some of that with Feast for Crows in the following season, otherwise season 5 will be very dull and I don't think people would tolerate so many main characters missing.

Edited by Wainy316

Loved the Sharon Van Etten song on the latest Walking Dead... best thing about that episode!

For some reason this weeks episode has been quite difficult to obtain through the usual channels

All you need is a Rapberry Pi running XBMC with the Icefilms plugin. Everything you could want in HD ;)

If I were to read GoT, is it a must to start from book 1 or can I just pick up from where the TV series stopped?

The TV show doesn't touch all aspects of the story, You'll be able to follow the main themes and events, but I think there will be references and minor plot points you'll not quite get if you miss the first few books. Also, you're in for a treat, start from book one.

If I were to read GoT, is it a must to start from book 1 or can I just pick up from where the TV series stopped?

I know people that have done that and I've given them a stern telling off.  You'll mist out on a load of stories and characters if you miss out the books.  It also helps tie a lot together that might have gone over your head in the series.

That said, the first series is almost a carbon copy of the book, very faithful.  After that it veers a bit and leaves stuff out.

Ah Eastbound and Down. Fantastic first season, but they should have stopped there. It just got worse and worse for me.

This

Really? I thought Season 2 was the best...

In Mexico with Deep Roy the 'little person' playing Kenny's right-hand man, with a drawn on moustache and an Indian accent but trying to be Mexican? Absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Ginko

Ah Eastbound and Down. Fantastic first season, but they should have stopped there. It just got worse and worse for me.

This

Really? I thought Season 2 was the best...

In Mexico with Deep Roy the 'little person' playing Kenny's right-hand man, with a drawn on moustache and an Indian accent but trying to be Mexican? Absolutely hilarious.

Idk, it just didn't really do it for me. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the worst thing ever, but I found it hard to watch it regularly. 

Has anyone watched Arrow?

Yes - it's totally daft but enjoyable nonetheless!

I quite like the whole backstory scenes, where he's on the island having been marooned!

yeah, i'm watching Arrow.    

silly but good fun, and worth a watch for something light that you don't need to think about.     

i don't like the backstory though, i prefer the city stuff.

Â