Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Saw the trailer for Ray Donovan, which starts on July 16th on Sky Atlantic - quite like the look of it and will be recording it.

Anyone know if it's any good?? (have seen it's already being shown in the US and most likely the web too!!!)

Saw the trailer for Ray Donovan, which starts on July 16th on Sky Atlantic - quite like the look of it and will be recording it.

Anyone know if it's any good?? (have seen it's already being shown in the US and most likely the web too!!!)

Funnily enough i'm literally watching the second episode now. It's alright. A bit bland. I'm struggling to keep interested (hence being on here).

Edited by PieFacE

Episode 1 was quite good, really enjoyed it, Episode 2 was yeah, a bit bland. In the first episode it seems very clever, quick paced and assumed that would continue. Ep 2 is similar but a bit slower and struggled to hold my interest, same as Pieface.

Definitely worth a watch, only 2 episodes in and its still quite good. If it can be as good as the pilot going forwards then it will definitely be worth it

Sopranos. - Just watched it all again for a second time. So if you haven't seen it then don't read the spoiler because it's a big fecking spoiler.... but to anyone who has watched it...

what do you think happened at the end? Do you think someone killed Tony and that's why it all goes "black"?

Yes, that is exactly what happened.

It's foreshadowed plenty of times (particularly in the last series) and if you watch the scene a few times you'll start to see significance of a few things (whose viewpoint we are seeing / the bell going off etc).

Sopranos. - Just watched it all again for a second time. So if you haven't seen it then don't read the spoiler because it's a big fecking spoiler.... but to anyone who has watched it...

what do you think happened at the end? Do you think someone killed Tony and that's why it all goes "black"?

Yes. All the clues are there. There was a huge speech on what death woulf be like and even a blatant foreshadowing scene with the boat on the lake.

Yes, that is exactly what happened.

It's foreshadowed plenty of times (particularly in the last series) and if you watch the scene a few times you'll start to see significance of a few things (whose viewpoint we are seeing / the bell going off etc).

Meadow's shit parking is actually significant too as she would have been sat in the gun man's way if she had been on time . The ending is absolutely genius if you ask me

• Like 1

Thanks for the info chaps...thought as much. Yeah the way he looks up every time the bell rings but then doesn't just before it goes black made me think he was dead. I thought it was a fantastic ending! It must be really hard to end a series well (looking at you Lost). So not surprised some didn't like it. The fact is, the majority of people like a "happy ever after" ending and this was not it. The boss from Brooklyn "Phil" was such a knob, was happy when his face got squashed!

I really love the dialogue in the sopranos

Some of the one liners are genius

"It was an idea, I don't know, who knows where they ****' come from? Isaac Newton invented gravity 'cause some asshole hit him with an apple!"

I don't think he was killed at the end. Personally I think it was a deliberately menacing scene to show just what Tony's life would be like from now on. At any moment, even enjoying an innocent family get together, he could be assassinated. The nods previously given just add to the suspense.

Just got to season 3 of the sopranos

The bloke who keeps quoting Gladiator is **** hilarious he started poking the fat guy with the pool cue and then swung a chain round his head HILARIOUS what genius thought this shit up Oh wait i just saw the end of the episode what a word removed

Edited by AshVilla

During a dull evening of aimless web browsing, I discovered that somehow I'd never seen about half of the episodes in the second series of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?

Was at first shocked as I thought I'd seen them all. Then pretty chuffed. Watched the whole second series from start to finish over the last week or so.

Bloody great. Easily in my top ten sitcoms of all time.

Anyone watch Dynamo tonight? Not one of his better ones too be honest.

Also how I met your mother with the "mother" reveal... She's not bad looking, bit like Jennifer Love Hewitt without the massive norks...

Edited by mikeyp102

Also how I met your mother with the "mother" reveal... She's not bad looking, bit like Jennifer Love Hewitt without the massive norks...

I stopped caring how he met their mother a long time ago. 

Â