The New Condem Government

bickster

Oh, they'll both stand. If I was Cameron I'd be trying to win every by-election possible to reduce the dependency on the coalition. Enough by-elections and enough wins and the coalition can be junked.

I could see why that might happen but one government party campaigning against another? I'm not sure how clever that would be or how, exactly, it would play out.

On consideration, you're right. The smart thing would be a carve up to keep out the Labour candidate.

No, you haven't missed anything.

They're still in the parliamentary party stage, I think.

Then they've got the federal executive after that, I think.

They wouldnt not give it their seal of approval though would they.

I'd have thought it would sail through the parliamentary party - apparently there are only 5 MPs in the federal executive so that might be a bit trickier but I'd guess it should go through there also. I suppose that will depend more upon the policy concessions (in detail) that the Lib Dem negotiating team have managed to extract.

Since between them Tories and Libdems got 59.1% of the vote does this make the new government the most democratically elected one so far......

or

as no-one voted for a Tory and Libdem Government is it the most un-democratic?

article-1276808-0987979B000005DC-45.jpg

Queen: "So, we have finally got rid of you and you still have that stupid rictus grin on your face. Now one should do one before one smacks you one"

Brown: "Ma'am, I've been working hard for hard working families."

Queen: "You'd have happily put my family on the scrapheap. Your time is up"

article-1276808-0987C193000005DC-64.jpg

Queen: "I'm so glad you've taken over from that dreadful Caledonian. I couldn't abide the grinning fool who used to come here before him, either. There used to be a country actually worth being a constitutional monarch over."

Cameron: "I understand your despondancy, Ma'am but we are now in with a fighting chance."

Interesting problem just brought up by Michael Crick - what happens at a by-election? Will the Lib Dems and Tories both stand?

Oh, they'll both stand. If I was Cameron I'd be trying to win every by-election possible to reduce the dependency on the coalition. Enough by-elections and enough wins and the coalition can be junked.

I think it unlikely that there will be 20 by-elections in the next parliament, particularly ones that could result in Tory gains.

Lets hope they bring in a 95% tax rate for Simon Cowell.

He can either pay it or clear off and take BGT and X-Factor with him.

I despise what the tories stand for but if they could get rid of Cowell I'd certainly slightly warm to them :lol:

Brown: Ohhh how i'd love to punch you right in the face.

Queen: Well, how ghastly

Brown: You should see my testicles.

Queen: Oh hello David, looks like our friends did a good job getting you in! Ready to return that favour you owe me for putting in a good word back when you were starting off?

Cameron: Sure...but i'm not into incest

It'll get really interesting if Dave were to get sick. I realise that's unlikely as he appears to be made from buttered ham, but it would certainly be interesting to see Clegg leading the Tory government.

He will be on maternity leave this year.

Interesting problem just brought up by Michael Crick - what happens at a by-election? Will the Lib Dems and Tories both stand?

I think it unlikely that there will be 20 by-elections in the next parliament, particularly ones that could result in Tory gains.

Under normal circumstances I would agree entirely. However, these are not normal circumstances and I could see some MPs deciding to resign their seats in the next year or two as a result of recent events and the party political stuff that will happen next. They could be from any of the three parties but I would expect a higher number of by-elections in the next couple of years than would normally be the case.

Queen: "So, we have finally got rid of you and you still have that stupid rictus grin on your face. Now one should do one before one smacks you one"

Brown: "Ma'am, I've been working hard for hard working families."

Queen: "You'd have happily put my family on the scrapheap. Your time is up"

Queen: "I'm so glad you've taken over from that dreadful Caledonian. I couldn't abide the grinning fool who used to come here before him, either. There used to be a country actually worth being a constitutional monarch over."

Cameron: "I understand your despondancy, Ma'am but we are now in with a fighting chance."

:puke:

Yes, indeed, I echo your sentiment. Brown is enough to make any right-thinking person puke.

Are there 20 MPs in the HOC who would put their integrity above the gravy train they are currently on?

Mmmm. I do wonder. history does suggest not! However, the story is that there are a few disillusioned Libs because of the deal. More interestingly, if reports are true, one of the primary reasons for failure of the Lib-Lab pact was because of widespread fury within the Labour Party about the deal and how it was being conducted. However, you are right. No many of the words removed could even spell integrity, let alone practice it.

First emergency budget within 50 days apparently

Yep, I think that's what the Tories said during the campaign.

I did post my 'prediction' in the other thread but I'll repeat it here - either June 9th or June 23rd. So it won't be either of them. :winkold:

Â