Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really don't need much. Sell Beye, Heskey, Sidwell possibly Davies.

Start looking for a young left back to develop through, cover for Warnock and future replacement..

Let's just say Milner stays, or Ireland is part of a swap, like for like. I feel then we only really need another winger maybe, the problem is, I don't want to see the likes of Albrighton not playing but if we have a manager willing to rotate the squad about then it won't be a problem having players for competiton.

Striker wise, simple....have Gabby up top and then Carew on bench with either Wiemann or Delfouneso. Although I'm sure Fonz will be getting impatient perhaps.

Ireland will not provide the defensive element Milner gives us so when (if?) it happens it won't be a like for like replacement. With the best will in the world NRC can't step into his shoes so I think we'd have to change the formation.

Ireland will not provide the defensive element Milner gives us.

Simply put, you're wrong.

Okay, I don't recall seeing Ireland doing much defensive work at Citeh but then hasn't played much for a while.

Someone posted earlier with stats that Ireland was among the top tackling defenders in the 2008/2009 season. He can track back and tackle too.

Forget stats.

Ireland is not a proper central midfielder. I will say now that he can't play in a two man central midfield.

He's more of a second forward.

He'll thrive in a 5 man midfield, but flounder in a 4 man midfield.

I'd much rather have Milner alongside Downing, Young, Petrov and Albrighton.

But unfortunatly Milner doesn't believe that Downing, Young, Petrov and Albrighton can live up to his expectations.

Let him leave, I say.

But unfortunatly Milner doesn't believe that Downing, Young, Petrov and Albrighton can live up to his expectations.

Let him leave, I say.

No quotes, no argument. You can't say that is fact when you have no evidence to prove it.

We really don't need much. Sell Beye, Heskey, Sidwell possibly Davies.

Agreed, except for Beye. I'd keep him, as he's an adequate and versatile backup not going around mouthing off all the time (or did I miss anything?) if he doesn't play.

Clark put in quite a good case yesterday for why we don't need Davies anymore. Bit hard on the player, I like Davies, but as things have developed we simply need to shift him out to focus the money from him on other positions.

Sidwell and Heskey simply can't deliver on the level we aspire to and should be shifted for their own career's sake as well as this club.

As a side note I REALLY hope we manage to keep Luke Young.

Let him leave, I say.

No quotes, no argument. You can't say that is fact when you have no evidence to prove it.

In the past 2 months he hasn't come out and said that he doesn't want to leave, so therefore it seems like he does want to leave. Do you disagree with that and actually believe that the whole Man City-saga is a conspiracy against him?

Why would he want to leave if he didn't think that moving to Manchester City would offer him a better chance of breaking into the top 4 or competing for the title?

Unless you think he's just moving for the money?

I have no quotes to back up my post, but I geniunly can't see how you can disagree with what I've said :?

Let him leave, I say.

In the past 2 months he hasn't come out and said that he doesn't want to leave, so therefore it seems like he does want to leave. Do you disagree with that and actually believe that the whole Man City-saga is a conspiracy against him?

Why would he want to leave if he didn't think that moving to Manchester City would offer him a better chance of breaking into the top 4 or competing for the title?

Unless you think he's just moving for the money?

I have no quotes to back up my post, but I geniunly can't see how you can disagree with what I've said :?

Saying that someone did something or has an opinion with regards to anything simply because they haven't denied it, is a ridiculous argument.

This is your opinion, it is not fact.

The one fact that we do have about the Milner situation is that we don't know anything about his reasons, his feelings or any of the behind the scenes action at VP.

Maybe he is just going for the money, maybe he is going there to match his ambitions, maybe he feels that he can win more things there and play in the Champions League, maybe he loves the city of Manchester and wants to live there, maybe he feels that the quality of fried chicken is better there, maybe he fell out with a member of the playing staff or a board member here?

We don't know.

We. Don't. Know.

lexicon, I assume you will also be going on every topic in VT to post your "We. Don't. Know" bullshit?

Because surely we don't know anything for certain unless we have witnessed it personally? Unless you have met the person and they have told you first-hand. (Of course, then we have the issue over whether the are telling the truth).

The truth is (or is it).. We. Don't. Know.

:bang: