Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say he's a natural target man but he does hold the ball up brilliantly and is deceptively strong and quick. Problem is his goals. That said, would I mind seeing Keane and Doyle over Heskey and Carew? Not at all. Doyle, Keane, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso as a 4 strikers would can all be rotated, all 4 I think can play with well each other, rather than seeing Carew and Heskey say....they all score a fair share of goals, none prolific but as long as each chip in, it wouldn't matter too much. Good mix from Doyle and Agbonlahor similarly premiership exerienced, (both about 3/4 years as a striker in the Premiership) then Keane very experienced while Delfouneso still breaking through.

I think all 4 suit the way we can play and the more I think about it, the more i'd enjoy both of them at the club. Sell Heskey and Carew, bring in Keane and Doyle. Around £8 million each i'd of have guessed.

It's amusing how much attitudes have changed towards Doyle.

No way he would cost 8 million either, he cost 6 million and has been widely regarded as being a key component in Wolves staying up.

At the very minimum he would cost £10 million.

I wanted us to sign Doyle when he was at Reading, then he seemed to go off the boil a bit. Started to improve again last year though and impressed me at VP this year. I think £10m would be cheap for him, although im not totally convinced that hed work here.

As I've said before, I can't see what Doyle would offer us up front that we don't already have now - we need someone with skills that we don't have, like good technical ability, an eye for a pass and a creative, intelligent spark.

I wanted us to sign Doyle when he was at Reading, then he seemed to go off the boil a bit. Started to improve again last year though and impressed me at VP this year. I think £10m would be cheap for him, although im not totally convinced that hed work here.

They like him they enquired about him in Jan 09 and were quoted 10 mill then which they wouldn't entertain . Could still go bavk in for him though

Doyle's certainly not a target man

Yes he is. He's brilliant at it.

When we played Wolves at Villa Park, I was so impressed by Doyle. He beat Collins in the air to nearly everything, just by positioning himself well so he is definitely a target man of sort.

I think Doyle would be a brilliant signing for us.

Yeah, 9 goals in 34 games for Wolves is just what we need for our ambitions

He was playing up front on his own, in a poor Wolves side, I feel that he would score goals for us.

Who would you like us to sign to play up front?

Yeah, 9 goals in 34 games for Wolves is just what we need for our ambitions

He was playing up front on his own, in a poor Wolves side, I feel that he would score goals for us.

Who would you like us to sign to play up front?

We heard the same story about Heskey before he came that he was playing on a poor wigan team..

I want us to sign Radamel Falcao García

And why d you want us to sign Radamel Falcao Garcia? Can you fill us in on how good he is, any previous he has, what experience he has, what his attributes are?

I guess he's rated a 10 for shooting and finishing and scores shedloads for Villa if you buy him in Football manager! What's not to like here.

I want us to sign Radamel Falcao García

Watch a lot of Portuguesse football do you? Plus the fact, he plays for Porto, would cost an absolute fortune to buy, as you look at any player they have sold, the buying club pays through the nose.