Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I realise that he is a cheating, dirty bad sport, but I would love Villa to sign Michael Ballack. Yes he is a right tool, but his presence and ability to dominate midfield, as well as score the odd goal, would be brilliant for our midfield.

OK, I realise that he is a cheating, dirty bad sport, but I would love Villa to sign Michael Ballack. Yes he is a right tool, but his presence and ability to dominate midfield, as well as score the odd goal, would be brilliant for our midfield.

Isn't he 52 years old?

In the absence of us signing the player we should always have signed in the first place, Darren Bent, I would hope we try and buy the player we should have bought second.......

Daniel Sturridge.

Young, hungry, and has it in abundance !!.

The issue is that over the last few months, Ancelotti has started to blood him slowly but surely. However, the signing of Torres could change that is a millisecond.

Bog off Heskey, keep Carew and Delf. Gabby as the hold up player (rotating with Carew where necessary) , Sturridge as the goalscorer, blooding Delf along the way - and we would be virtually there up front for the next 6 yrs !

I agree he'd be a good signing, i bet he's on stupid money at Chelsea though.

Shame KP Boateng crocked him the other day, because he's angry at the Germans.

He's a free agent this summer, unless he signs a new contract with Chelsea. I think he wants to stay though and they'll probably offer him a new deal.

He's a free agent this summer, unless he signs a new contract with Chelsea. I think he wants to stay though and they'll probably offer him a new deal.

I can see Ballack returning to Germany for one final pay day - probably back to Bayern.

I think it's not too unreasonable to assume that Herr Ballack will have bigger fish to fry than Aston Villa.

In the absence of us signing the player we should always have signed in the first place, Darren Bent, I would hope we try and buy the player we should have bought second.......

Daniel Sturridge.

The issue is that over the last few months, Ancelotti has started to blood him slowly but surely. However, the signing of Torres could change that is a millisecond.

Bog off Heskey, keep Carew and Delf. Gabby as the hold up player (rotating with Carew where necessary) , Sturridge as the goalscorer, blooding Delf along the way - and we would be virtually there up front for the next 6 yrs !

How can you say "Sturridge as the goalscorer"?

Yet another example of the myth becoming bigger than the man through not actually kicking a ball..........he's barely played and certainly has not shown himself to be a proven goalscorer!

A good looking prospect yes but to expect him to score 20 odd goals a season based on what he's achieved thus far is ludicrous.

Expect him to - no

Do I think he will - yes !

The guy has talent in abundance - anyone can see that (unfortunately, that includes Ancelotti) , but if they sign Torres , then Stturridge may be available (even if it is on loan)

Believe me, Darren Bent was a 100% certainty to get 20 goals per season minimum, people said "If he ain't good enough for Spurs.." - if you couldn't see it , you were blind. Daniel Sturridge is an international forward in the making, and if you can't see it ........

This may be ludicrous, but if MON can't see these things, yet he thinks the likes of Harewood and Heskey can, it makes you wonder how hard it is to be a premier league manager.

Sturridge is not potential - he is a quality youngster that turns a game as soon as he is introduced - whether that was at Man City, or Chelsea. He is a better version of Gabby, two years ago.

Daniel Sturridge is an international forward in the making, and if you can't see it .........

How can i see it if he doesn't play?

In the Premier League this season he has started 2 games and come on as a sub for 11 games.... 1 goal. In the FA Cup, 3 starts and 1 sub appearance, 4 goals. Looks a bit more respectable. Goals against Cardiff, Preston North End, and Watford.

He's still unproven in the Premier League and imo we should be looking for the guy who has experience at the higher levels and who can take us to the next level.

Daniel Sturridge.

Yeah i would agree with this.

Sell Heskey and replace with Either Sturridge or Bent. That is the type of thing we should aim to be doing..

Not selling Heskey and signing Carlton Cole! :?

I can see Ballack returning to Germany for one final pay day - probably back to Bayern.

you are probably right....the world cup will influence what many players of his vintage will do...maybe the General can influence him with one of his war speeches....oh...oops! (I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...)

Thing with Sturridge is that you would be shelling out a lot on wages for a player that is nowhere near ready or even proven. We need proven players now if we want to get into the CL.

Thing with Sturridge is that you would be shelling out a lot on wages for a player that is nowhere near ready or even proven. We need proven players now if we want to get into the CL.

Spurs had a lot of "proven" players. Keane's Woodgates of this world.

They took a gamble in blooding youngsters who were skilful, quick, agile and hungry (Bale, Huddlestone, Lennon, Crouch etc....)

Where are they now ?

We need to swap players who think they have made it (Carew , Heskey , and in MON's eyes - NRC) to players who want to make it.

Milner is a perfect example of that.

I would go Micah Richards , Daniel Sturridge, and if poss, but improbable, Huddlestone or more realistically Ireland

Then we will have the hunger , and the ability to go forward

I wanted Sturridge last summer but he took the money. If he wants to get his career back on track, then worth a try.

Yeah things have really gone wrong for him since winning the Premier League and FA Cup, getting CL experience and working with some of the best players and coaches in the game while picking up huge wages. Poor kid his career has gone right off track.

Before someone replies saying "but he isn't a regular" well he wasn't at Man City either so his career hasn't diviated from its course or gone off track he has just improved his surroundings, wealth and CV.

In time he might have to move for first team football but that time hasn't arrived for him yet. Besides moving for first team football doesn't carry any guarentee, just ask Sidwell.