Jez

Arsenal?

£6m for Cahill and £10m for Arteta - they're not quite up to speed with the market are they - it seems bizarre, they've clearly got some dough and they've identified players they're after, but they aren't prepared to pay for them.

£12m and £15m would have got those two in my opinion, but they've got neither when the extra £11m wouldn't have been that big a gamble for them you'd have thought.

Do they want players or not?

Drenthe is in merseyside for talks with Everton :(

Drenthe is crap.

I remember that summer watching him, Babel, De Ridder and Rigters and thinking wow these lads are special.

How wrong was I. I'll never make much of U21 tournaments after that. Only Babel has come good in a way and you could still call him sort of a flop.

Explained my hatred for him before...

A few years back we played Chelsea in the FA Youth cup semifinal, the second leg of which was at Villa Park.

Kakuta brought one of the most petulant displays I've ever seen, punctuated with a lot of gamesmanship, one of those displays that genuinely makes you hate a player.

He then raised that to a boiling point with me and a number of other people in the sizeable crowd for a youth game, probably the biggest crowd he'd seen in his time in England and something he should have been quietly grateful for at that time. Chelsea won the game, and the tie, and reached the final. Kakuta and a friend of his decided the best way to celebrate this would be to run directly to the Villa fans, who were on the opposite side of the stadium to the few travelling fans, and take the piss. Time and again he and his friend would run upto the crowd, waving their shirts and inciting that entire corner of the Trinity and the entirety of the Holte, and then scuttle away laughing at the reaction. Eventually people started throwing rather a lot of stuff at the words removed, to which they then decided they should carry on their piss taking but stay a bit further back so they were in no danger.

I hate him. That marked him down in my books as a egotistical tosser with little to be arrogant about at that time, the worst kind of oxygen stealing clearing in the woods, and since then I've wished him a career ender sooner than later.

I don't say that easily, but since that night I've really hated the word removed. Genuine loathsome hatred.

So you are holding it against him for mucking around when he was a 16 year old kid?

Yes.

I've never claimed to not bear a grudge. There are exceptionally few players I despise like Kakuta.