Jez

Would he let a ball bounce 5 yards in front of goal? Better than what they have then, they need a presence and someone who can bring confidence, I'll think he'll do that, be like us a few years back, knight or davies paired with laursen looked ok at times but them 2 together was dire, keep djourou and koscielny apart at least

the only thing that suggests panic buy to me is how come they didn't buy him after the world cup when they were 1st heavily linked or a month ago? If they had then I'm sure it would be considered a good deal but now it's off the back of Sunday it'll be made out to be a bad one

How did the Barcodes manage to buy Santon? They're nothing special, and he's one of the most promising young fullbacks in the game, some injury issues aside. Maicon, Chivu and co are either hitting or passing 30, can't see why Inter would sell so cheaply instead of just loaning him out again.

He isnt that great either, Inter only have 60 year old Zanetti and Maicon who they have tried ship out all summer and they still let Santon go.

Was average at Cesena in back end of last season as well. If i was a Newcastle fan would prefer Danny SImpson at full back

How did the Barcodes manage to buy Santon? They're nothing special, and he's one of the most promising young fullbacks in the game, some injury issues aside. Maicon, Chivu and co are either hitting or passing 30, can't see why Inter would sell so cheaply instead of just loaning him out again.

Every time I see a post like this I always Google "FM2011 <players name>" to see how much of the players internet cred comes from a videogame and how much of it comes from performances on the pitch.

Unsurprisingly, Davide Santon is one of the best young full backs you can buy on FM2011.

Every time I see a post like this I always Google "FM2011" to see how much of the players internet cred comes from a videogame and how much of it comes from performances on the pitch.

Unsurprisingly, Davide Santon is one of the best young full backs you can buy on FM2011.

I take it you didn't see him when he broke into Inter's first team a few seasons back. Aside from his youth showing from time to time, he was excellent, especially going forward. He dropped out of the side due to doing his knee a couple times and never really got back in after Mourinho left, then went out on loan to a lousy side as part of a deal to snag their left back. He hasn't hit the heights he did in his first season, but he's only 20 and was good enough to be picked by Jose for Inter Freakin' Milan when he was a teenager, so it's fair to say he's a serious prospect.

Why do people on football forums always assume nobody actually watches football and must get their info and form their opinions from a video game?

yeah to be fair to FM he was amazing on 2010 but had dropped for 2011 and no doubt will be shit on 2012

im one of those who heard of him through FM but then did actually watch him play a couple of times, same with balotelli, lukaku etc you pay more attention to them when they are playing

as for santon, needs a huge boost to get his confidence back, good run in the team, injury free and he might turn out to be a good signing, personally i think he'll flop

i only have a basic understanding of uefas financial fair play rules, where does hargreaves play as you play deal impact the rules?

iirc you arent allowed to spend more than 70% of your income on wages and cant be more than £45m under, so which one is he costed against if he's on say £100k a game? are city getting a player who doesnt appear on their wage bill?

Why do people on football forums always assume nobody actually watches football and must get their info and form their opinions from a video game?

You would be shocked at just how many people do. I wouldnt say I think nobody watches football, but the venn diagram showing the number of people who rave about how great young prospects from eastern Europe or the benches of big Champions League clubs are and the number of people who play FM2011 has a pretty massive overlap. Forgive me for being cynical, but this is the internet. :detect: