Jez

have we not heard this every week for last 2 years. Believe it when i see it.

Personally dont think he is as good as Xavi or Iniesta and from what i have seen Thiago looks to have more potential than Fabregas. I can see this being a major flop and him going to United or something in 2 years

Personally dont think he is as good as Xavi or Iniesta and from what i have seen Thiago looks to have more potential than Fabregas. I can see this being a major flop and him going to United or something in 2 years

That will never happen. He won't flop, and he should add some goalscoring from midfield to their team. He's not as good as Xavi and Iniesta but he's still **** brilliant and as long as they don't try some unnatural formations to accommodate him it'll be all good.

Not a chance. Fàbregas is a brilliant player, and will be excellent at Barcelona. He's still only 24, too!

Xavi doesnt rely on pace, so I can see him going on until 35 or 36. Barca do need a squad though, they have an amazing first XI but a pretty poor bench compared to Real Madrid and Manchester United. I do think a lot of the reasons why Barcelona want Fabregas so much is because of the history there. Dont forget that Fabregas is from Barcelona (well, a place called Vilassar de Mar which is to Barcelona what Solihull is to Birmingham) and he wants to go home. He came through the youth academy at Barca so a lot of people at the club know him. I wouldnt be surprised if he hangs around with the players when he goes back home to see his family. He will be happy there, and knowing that a player will be happy and will settle in is a huge bonus when you are trying to make a major signing.

Xavi doesnt rely on pace, so I can see him going on until 35 or 36. Barca do need a squad though, they have an amazing first XI but a pretty poor bench compared to Real Madrid and Manchester United. I do think a lot of the reasons why Barcelona want Fabregas so much is because of the history there. Dont forget that Fabregas is from Barcelona (well, a place called Vilassar de Mar which is to Barcelona what Solihull is to Birmingham) and he wants to go home. He came through the youth academy at Barca so a lot of people at the club know him. I wouldnt be surprised if he hangs around with the players when he goes back home to see his family. He will be happy there, and knowing that a player will be happy and will settle in is a huge bonus when you are trying to make a major signing.

Well I can see him playing until later stages but I think it'll be more of a 20 games, with Fabregas playing 40 odd games by the time Xavi is 33. He might not rely on pace but the Barca system still needs players to be very sharp, move round the pitch quickly, close down extremely well. I think Fabregas next two seasons, will play regularly but not every game as such, by the time he's 26-27 ish though, he'll start to really knock down a first team place and will be Barca's main CM (if everything goes to plan) for then the next 5-6 years.

Thiago is a fine player and I guess you could say Fabregas plays more forward than Xavi normally but Thiago really does look like someone who will occupy either Iniesta's position or maybe even slightly further forward, he's got a touch of Ronaldinho about him as well as the typical Barca ball player. Busquets, Fabregas, Thiago, Messi, Sanchez, Pedro ...all 24 or under. Not a bad future it seems. :shock:

I hope they sign him, just so I get the chance to see him play week in week out in the premiership. Am not particularly bothered about who wins the league, but it will be nice to see the likes of Aguero, Sneijder etc at Villa Park next year. Tbh, I was left a little disappointed that Chelsea didnt sign Pastore, as Ive never really watched him before and wanted to see how he could play.

Enrique to Liverpool has been lined up for months.

They are looking like being a force this year. Might just finish ahead of Arsenal, they have no Europe distractions.

I have them ahead of Arsenal. I think they'll be 4th but I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 3rd if Citeh's usual inconsistency rears it's head.

If Utd get Sneijder I believe they will piss the league this season.

If I was cesc I would wait another couple of years as I do not see him getting in ahead of Xavi atm.

think SPurs if they keep Modric are more a danger to top 4 than Liverpool. Except Downing the signings have not been special and their bulk of midfielders and reliance on Suarez will be a downfall. I dont think we be far off Liverpool

think SPurs if they keep Modric are more a danger to top 4 than Liverpool. Except Downing the signings have not been special and their bulk of midfielders and reliance on Suarez will be a downfall. I dont think we be far off Liverpool

It was going so well Zatman. :lol: