Jez

I like Begovic he is good but I think the fact Stoke had a very good defence until this season might blinked peoples views. Mignolet is very good as well though if you only saw the 6-1 game you would think im mad.

In best keeper in league id have Boruc up there as well he looked awful when joined Southampton but has really improved in last 6 months of season

To be fair to Reina, he's only overrated because he did actually used to be very very good.

But he's gone downhill. This past season he was a liability. Everytime I watched Liverpool he seemed to throw the ball into his own net.

Talk of Mignolet costing £10m.

I wonder if they'd offered that for Begovic already? He's a much better keeper.

This, Begovic is a top, top keeper.

Probably the best in the league, imo (correct me)

I'll correct you.

Very good keeper. Not the best in the league.

I'd go as far as to say Begovic is overrated. It almost seems to be the done thing to highly rate him.

Lloris, De Gea, Cech and, dare I say it, Guzan are all better than Begovic. 

Not that Begovic would be a bad signing. As I said he's very good, and better than Reina currently is. I just feel he's overrated by a lot of people.

Fair huff, disagree though. I'd certainly take Begovic over Cech, he's nothing on what he once was. The hat weighs heavy on his mind.

I still think Begovic at 25, would be a better purchase than a 24-year-old Mignolet, if of course, they would accept £10m.

I actually think the two most overrated keepers are Mignolet and De Gea.

Mignolet is talked up as one of the league's best and he's just not for me, too shaky, and doesn't seem to have the best relationship with his defence (that could've been cos they were crap this year to be fair). Then again, I don't see him every week, and I suspect every single Sunderland fan would happily tell me he's been much better than Guzan this season.

De Gea, generally has a lot of long shots to deal with, which he does very well. He's also brilliant finding players by throw or kick. But whenever Utd come under pressure he's not the sort to come and command a box, calm the defence, catch a cross and slow everything down. He gets swept along with momentum and often ends up claiming a foul after being bounced out the way. He'll probably be brilliant in a few years, but physicality does make a difference in this league, and he struggles for me.

as if it wasn't bad enough when he joined Liverpool, £15m and £100k, insane

Reportedly signing a 6 year contract too. What a hit Liverpool have wrote off here.

Not really. They've lost £20m plus whatever wages Liverpool paid him during that time. Plus as OBE would point out the hidden extras.

I think he's worth a punt at £15m for a club like West Ham (one with no imagination), but those wages are a farce.

Not really. They've lost £20m plus whatever wages Liverpool paid him during that time. Plus as OBE would point out the hidden extras.

I think he's worth a punt at £15m for a club like West Ham (one with no imagination), but those wages are a farce.

With wages they've probably lost £25million on a player after just 2 years.

I don't think his worth a punt at £15million, £7/8 million mayby but there's no way he is worth 15.

Carroll is **** awful, how on earth can he be worth 100k a week?

He really is mediocre at best. I think the english media hyped him up way too much and Liverpool fell for the bait. He only scored 11 premier league goals in his "amazing" season and he sold for £35 million. With this logic, Benteke must be worth £60 million. 

• Like 1

West Ham will finish mid-table like any other side under Allardyce, Carroll will score between 10-12 league goals and be back in the England reckoning with fans and pundits stating he's something different that foreign defenders don't like, somehow find himself at the World Cup, while Allardyce stays in his job until around January/February 2015 when he's 13th ish with West Ham with no sign of progress and still shit football and they look to 'change direction'

there you go.

With wages they've probably lost £25million on a player after just 2 years.

I don't think his worth a punt at £15million, £7/8 million mayby but there's no way he is worth 15.

That's a lot of money, was my point.

£15m is yesterday's £7/8m. Like I said, for a club and manager as lacking in imagination (and balls) as West Ham and Allardyce I think he's OK at that, will score 13-15 IMO and he suits their style to a T.