Jez

It's a lot of money (16m?..) for a player coming straight into the PL. Man Utd would probably have preferred him to go to a lower Premiership club and watch him for a bit, but with Arsenal and City being interested their hand was forced. Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out for a bit first, it depends on how good SAF thinks he is.

Man City is apparently after Deby's Will Hughes. Another one bites the dust and goes to sit on their reserves with high salary. He should stay with Derby for season or two more and then maybe move to some bigger club where he would get to play but most probably the lure of the big salary of Man City is too great.

Forren going from Molde to Liverpool. Good purchase. He is better than Hangeland.

I have watched Forren a lot since I am Norwegian, and I deeply disagree with that notion. Forren is decent, but he has got a long way to go to match Hangeland's PL-career.

always felt Hangeland was overrated though. He gets hyped up a lot but in truth I dont think Fulham have ever really had a bid from a bigger club for him.

when we played them at the Cottage I was shocked he just let Aaron Hughes mark Benteke who was twice his size

I have watched Forren a lot since I am Norwegian, and I deeply disagree with that notion. Forren is decent, but he has got a long way to go to match Hangeland's PL-career.

We will see.

I am also Norwegian and I do not rate Hangeland. Think he is overrated. He is at the centre of a defence that has shipped in 38 goals. Only 4 less than our fragile defence. He has become a lot worse in the last two seasons. It was easy for him when Hodgson had a very defensive set up where he did not play a high line. Not so easy now, when Fulham go for it forward.

I'd agree with that. Hangeland is a brilliant defender when you want him to dominate a relatively small area not too far from the goal. However, if he has to push up, he hasn't got the pace or mobility to always deal with nippy strikers getting in behind, despite his good positional sense.

I've never seen Forren play, though, so couldn't compare.

How so? Newcastle are closer to us in the table than QPR are. It's good that they missed out on him, they might get dragged into the relegation battle too.