Jez

depending on where you look raul is either very close or has signed for schalke

I thought he would stay at Madrid one more year. At least he will play Champions League and is not playing for Blackburn

Sounds like an easy link to make with Benítez being at Inter. I saw Chelsea linked to him this morning, but I have a feeling he'll stay for a year and then move either back to Spain, or to Man City for the £££ (if they qualify for the Champions League next season).

Joe cole off to Liverpool ?

Not saying you're wrong, but where's this being reported?

His odds of joining Liverpool dropped today from 14-1 to odds on

Suggests someone is in the know ??

Joe cole off to Liverpool ?

Not saying you're wrong, but where's this being reported?

His odds of joining Liverpool dropped today from 14-1 to odds on

Suggests someone is in the know ??

Yeah probably Harry Redknapp

Is it just me or is there something about the West Ham link with Neymar that remind you about their deal for Tevez and his mate a few years ago? Reading the below it sounds to me like there is little difference at all...

Brazilian starlet Neymar has stated his desire to remain at Santos, following West Ham's pursuit of him.

West Ham have launched a bid to land the 18-year-old forward, rated as one of the best young players in world football.

The Hammers have lodged a bid of around £12million for Neymar - but this was shunned by Santos.

However, the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro revealed last week that they had already offered terms to Neymar.

"I don't know anything and I want to stay with Santos," said Neymar.

Ribeiro continued by saying the offer from West Ham was good, but nothing would be done if they could not agree terms with Santos.

"It is a very good proposal," Ribeiro told Globosporte, also seemingly confirming reports that Chelsea were part of the talks as they would sign the player after a season at Upton Park.

"He would fit in there for a while, and then reach for a big team in a short space of time.

"Indeed it is the dream of any player that has been offered - the chance to play for one of Europe's biggest club's and the chance to compete for major titles.

"They [West Ham] will make a new offer for sure, but we will respect Santos - Neymar has a contract with the club and it needs to be respected."

Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira insists that Neymar is not for sale and he will only leave if a club pays his release clause - which stands at more than £25million.

"The proposal may interfere with the player, but we have the power, because we are the owners," he said.

Santos own 60 per cent of the player, with the rest owned by investment group DIS

Tevez take two

Rafa Benitez hopes to take Glen Johnson or Gareth Bale to Inter Milan as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Maicon.

The Italian champions are ready to cave in on their Brazil right back's desire to be reunited with Jose Mourinho at the Bernabeu and are expected to do a deal for about £25million with the Spaniards.

Inter had been hoping for nearer £30m - £10m more than Madrid's valuation of the 28-year-old - but the European champions know that Maicon's heart is set on following Mourinho.

Benitez sees his former Liverpool man Johnson as a like-for-like replacement as a defender who is comfortable getting forward down the right flank.

Daily Heil

This has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard.

Maicon? Glen Johnson?? "Like for like"??? :o:crylaugh:

Why would Madrid want Maicon? Surely Ramos is good enough?

You know what Jose is like for sticking with 'his' players. A number followed him from Porto to Inter and he tried to take Lampard to Inter and would have taken more if Inter could have afforded to get Chelsea to sell.

I'm sure Maicon won't be the only ex Jose player to arrive at Madrid, either from Inter or Chelsea. Ashley Cole being a likely candidate.

Why would Madrid want Maicon? Surely Ramos is good enough?

Ramos is awful, always out of position and a poor tackler and marker. Real Madrid fans dont really like him either.