Jez

Rumours of United being interested have been about since RVP made his statement last week. I cant see why they wouldnt be interested in a player of his quality, and I dont think they need to get rid of Wayne Rooney to make it happen either.

Thiago Silva to PSG is a done deal..

With Ibrahimovic too.

Milan have suddenly become a very, very average team.

Eh? Been reading conflicting reports, apparently Ibrahimovic's deal still hasn't gone through because of some disagreements with the player himself.

Not sure what to believe on this one.

Regardless, could mean a shift in power away from the Italian league to the French one.

I real terms Modric should be worth about 15-20 million.

He's technically gifted but he doesn't change many games directly does he?

Football's beginning to annoy me with these over exuberant transfer fees for players who aren't actually great players.

Yeah the price is ridiculous. I rate Modric highly but for me he isn't worth a penny over 25 million

:shock:

If I were Mourinho/whoever does the transfers at RM I wouldn't have any qualms about paying 40 mill pounds for him, he's that good imo and far more important to Spurs' play than Bale and (to a smaller extent) VDV.

I real terms Modric should be worth about 15-20 million.

He's technically gifted but he doesn't change many games directly does he?

Football's beginning to annoy me with these over exuberant transfer fees for players who aren't actually great players.

He controls games but he's not a game changer as such.

His performance vs Spain probably made the whole of Europe sit up and take notice. He's a great player, the price is irrelevant.

Another week, another summer soundbyte from Quitter O'Neill.

"You do have until the end of August," O'Neill told BBC Newcastle.

"But ideally it will be better if we had the players in place a little bit before the season starts."

Did'nt he say the exact same thing every summer for us as well? I wonder if he has a pre-prepared statement he can wheel out at exactly the same time each summer, to cover up for the fact that he will dither around until August 31st again.

Liverpool's next signing will be one of the reliable people are saying:

Joe Allen

Lewis Haltby - Schalke

Clint Dempsey

Made approaches for all three I'm told, but no idea of preferences. I'd be surprised if all 3 were signed.

Don't watch German football so no idea about Haltby but if anyone knows anything about him please offer an opinion please.

I just think there are a lot of players I'd rather spend 30million on that Modric.

If you're Real Madrid, money is no object and your specific need is a Xavi-esq string puller entering their prime?

Name them please.

Modric is top, top class and has been for a while now. I'd love to see Spurs try and replace him.