Jez

Patrick Roberts spotted going for medical at Man City dressed in a grey top, dark jeans and white trainers. Must be mandatory.

Or it could be Raheem Sterling.

Why would he go there!?

At least with Delph you could argue that Fernando and Fernandinho have been iffy for City and with Lampard leaving it isn't inconceivable an England international would fancy his chances of first team football. But with this guy, does he seriously think that at 18 he stands a chance of competing for places with Nasri, Silva, Sterling and Navas? Or is just happy to be farmed out on loan for the next 3/4 years?

At that age one of the worst moves you can make is going to a top 4 side, imo.

Patrick Roberts spotted going for medical at Man City dressed in a grey top, dark jeans and white trainers. Must be mandatory.

Or it could be Raheem Sterling.

Why would he go there!?

At least with Delph you could argue that Fernando and Fernandinho have been iffy for City and with Lampard leaving it isn't inconceivable an England international would fancy his chances of first team football. But with this guy, does he seriously think that at 18 he stands a chance of competing for places with Nasri, Silva, Sterling and Navas? Or is just happy to be farmed out on loan for the next 3/4 years?

At that age one of the worst moves you can make is going to a top 4 side, imo.

Yeah but he will probably get 40k/week to go there. What 18 year old would turn that down?

And training alongside those players will make him so much better. He might leave in 4 years time but his 'step down' will be a huge step up from where he currently is. Learn from the best coaches and players for 4-5 years, grow your reputation, maybe hit the radar with the odd sub appearance or league cup game, then move on, and pocket 40k a week for doing so.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

You still need to play though otherwise physically and mentally you lose a bit of drive. 100 training session can't compenstate for games of football. Surprised he didn't play more for Fulham last season

Don't Fulham also have another wonderkid down there, George Williams?

Paying for potential, Roberts and Marcus Edwards are considered the two most talented players in England's youth set up.

They are of another level with their technical ability. Fulham didn't dare put faith in him in Championship, haven't got the body of a man yet, but I understand why they wouldn't let him go for anything less

• Like 2

Is John Stones really that good?

The game end of last season when we won 3-2, he just looked another Phil Jones to me, loads of hype but when you break down his game he's really nothing special so bit bemused all the top 4 are after him.

I like Barkley though, poor season no question but plenty for top clubs to work with there.

He is very, very good. He has everything. He is still young so prone to mistakes and usually costly given his position but he is absolutely brilliant. Plus everything I've seen and heard, he is a really great guy off the pitch too.

Barkley is in for a big season. Massively disappointing last season. This season will basically be the indicator of where his career is going...

• Like 1

I dont think its that bad tbh. Im sure they know hes going to develop into at least a really good player. Basically signed him for life, and if he doesnt work (or become elite) im sure they will be able to make their money back in the future.

edit: for some reason i thought he was a CB

Edited by gharperr

The "English Premium" is the FAs fault with this ridiculous home grown rule. All it achieves is the stupid over inflation of transfer fees and the marginalisation of English talent on the subs benches of "big" clubs.

The FA took the easy way out to protecting "the next generation" instead of actually dumping money into coaches and facilities where the English youth could benefit from some proper development.

Young players don't develop technical skills watching better older players do it in matches. The learn it from playing and regular high quality grass roots coaching.

**** the FA. **** this stupid transfer market and **** SKY for providing the money.