Jez

Seems a good deal for everyone, I don't see why there's so much negativity towards Townsend. I hope he goes there and gets better so he becomes a good player for England. I liked the outlet he gave us in the qualifiers.

He's English and some people rate him, in the World of the internet, those are 2 things that aren't allowed to go together.

Eto'o didn't impress me at all at Chelsea, might be OK to chuck on in 10 min spells, wages will be a lot though.

Didn't Monaco want something mad like £9m for a one season loan for Falcao? That would indicate Juve may have some cash on the way in....

Townsend is pretty good when he's on it, but blows hot and cold. At the start of last season when Spurs were awful under AVB, he was excellent for them, then quietened down for a few months, then broke his wrist, season over.

Hernandez abysmal for Utd again tonight, give me Shane Long any day.

Everton with another decent signing. Very jealous of them as a club.

I am jealous of how they have reacted following the loss of their manager and one of their better players. We lose Milner and MON and we turn to shit. Actually, I think losing Milner was the biggest problem. MON can **** off.

Eto'o is past it.

He's not as good as he was in his prime obviously but he was the worlds highest paid player 2 seasons ago and still hit 9 in 21 last season that's just a little over 1 goal every 2 games, as a back up striker to Lukaku that's a brilliant goal ratio which on a free transfer is great business.

Edited by EverBlue86

Eto'o is past it.

He's not as good as he was in his prime obviously but he was the worlds highest paid player 2 seasons ago and still hit 9 in 21 last season that's just a little over 1 goal every 2 games, as a back up striker to Lukaku that's a brilliant goal ratio which on a free transfer is great business.

Agree

I think he provides depth and experience, especially in the Europa league games, I'd expect him to play more in that than the prem where he'll do well to get 20 games, most as a cameo

Evertons problem in my mind is (and has been for ages) strength in depth, think they need another 1 at the back and probably another squad player, wouldn't be surprised if they used the loan market again