Jez

Cech isn't top 5 anymore.

He's still very good though. But I'd be very surprised if he's at Chelsea by the end of the transfer window

What 5 keepers can you say are without a doubt better than Cech?

In my opinion the world's best is Neuer then Cech and that is my non-biased opinion. The previous other contenders for world's best such as Buffon and Casillas have dropped off quite a bit lately especially Casillas. 

He's still very good though. But I'd be very surprised if he's at Chelsea by the end of the transfer window

In my opinion the world's best is Neuer then Cech and that is my non-biased opinion. The previous other contenders for world's best such as Buffon and Casillas have dropped off quite a bit lately especially Casillas.

neuer, courtois, lloris, De Gea, handanovic, Lopez. For a start.

Cech is great. But its been a while since he's been in that elite group.

IMO of course.

In my opinion the world's best is Neuer then Cech and that is my non-biased opinion.

I couldn't possibly imagine what reason for bias you might have. ;)

Pre Stephen Hunt Cech was the best in the world IMO. Immediately on his return he was very timid, but regained most of his former presence over the next season. I don't think he ever fully achieved that same level again.

I'd take quite a few keepers over Cech now. Neuer, Courtois and Handanovic for sure.

He's definitely better than Joe Hart though, if that's any consolation.

Edited by ArteSuave

Neuer

Navas

De Gea

Sirigu

Begovic

all better than Cech, few others as well like Bravo, Hart, Buffon, Oblak are on a similar level to him

Neuer

Navas

De Gea

Sirigu

Begovic

all better than Cech, few others as well like Bravo, Hart, Buffon, Oblak are on a similar level to him

No, just no.

Begovic has done well at Stoke, let's see if he does in Champions league knockout stages etc..

Buffon is a shadow of the GK he was.

Sirigu has never been tested, immense team in a joke league.

Joe Hart, that one is just hilarious.

Keylor Navas, again, hasn't done it at a big club or over a sustained period in big competitions.

So much of being a goalkeeper is mental and performing on the biggest stages. Cech has done that and still continues to do so. He is top class.

I would go with Courtios myself too though, because he is the future and you cannot risk losing this guy.

Begovic has done well at Stoke, let's see if he does in Champions league knockout stages etc..

Surely these can't both be true.

Sirigu has played well in CL knock out games and Begovic is the most imposing keeper in the most difficult league to play in goal.

Unless you need to be in both a strong league and CL knockouts to even be considered, which is nonsense.

• Like 2

Neuer

Navas

De Gea

Sirigu

Begovic

No, just no.

Buffon is a shadow of the GK he was.

Joe Hart, that one is just hilarious.

Keylor Navas, again, hasn't done it at a big club or over a sustained period in big competitions.

So much of being a goalkeeper is mental and performing on the biggest stages. Cech has done that and still continues to do so. He is top class.

I would go with Courtios myself too though, because he is the future and you cannot risk losing this guy.

For outfield players your logic is sound - but not for goalkeepers.

at "Big clubs" these keepers will in theory get less to do, marshalling a better defence, the game becomes less about repeated instinctive shot stopping and more about concentration and reading the game. Begovic is an excellent keeper and IMO would look worlds better in a better team.

Barcelona look to be getting vermaelen. Weird one as he didn't look at his best last yr

Fits that team though.

You don't have to be an amazing defender to fit Barcelona's mould of defender.