Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the maps look fine, but some of the animations and particularly the menus etc look like they've taken a step back. Treyarch for you I guess. Some of the maps are real campfests too- WMD being the worst. After saying that it's so nice to feel like you're winning fights on skill rather than ability to use noobtubes and it feels like a more tactical game rather than one based on who has the better reactions.

A couple of other things I've noticed: the galil silenced is great, claymores are virtually unavoidable and therefore hacker is the best 3rd perk in my opinion. Seems like most people just use tactical mask which is a shame as I like using the nova gas just as something different from the vanilla flashbangs.

What version do you have? The PC graphics are fantastic.

The PC graphics are very poor compared to MW2. MW2 is so slick and smooth. The GFX on this seems like an older generation of game. It's like Counter-Strike GFX.

Still, it's a very good game.

I'm loving Hardcore Team Deathmatch... very very good on this game.

Zombies is hard but I've really got into it today, still getting totally used to the maps and stuff though, wish you could run freely around an open map to get your barings, difficult under pressure.

Zombies is hard but I've really got into it today, still getting totally used to the maps and stuff though, wish you could run freely around an open map to get your barings, difficult under pressure.

Rino there is a way :winkold:

The guys I play with are real pros at it and I am still an amateur, feel free to add me (WESTY B6) and join in with one of our sessions of Zombies.

The secret to not only finding your bearings but buying essential weapons and perks is Crawlers, you will struggle to get past further rounds without them.

In the maps with dogs on BOps they come around round 5 or 6 so after making your way though to round 4 aim for a crawler mid round., start throwing grenades mid round and as soon as you get one that is crawling keep him alive! don't take the bombs and don't try throwing the grenades on "instant kill"

That crawler prevents the next round from starting and while its crawling its way slowly you have time to go get points boarding up the windows, picking up a better weapon off the wall if you have a crap one, opening up a door to another room and sussing out what weapons are inside, where the windows are and where the best place to hold off the dogs is. as soon as you have done what you have to kill the crawler and the next round will start.

The Box:

To all the newbies to Zombies there is a box with a "?" on it, try and find it and during the crawler moments pay to have a go on it and though there are a few crap weapons in there there also some awesome ones, not just beasts but futuristic zombie killing.... well wont ruin that for you :lol:

The box is great but every now and then it will laugh at you and vanish and you have to find where its gone, if you have a map where you can go outside look up in the sky and look for a beam of light shining down from the sky as this will show you where it is :winkold:

If you get a monkey with symbols TAKE IT! These monkeys bombs will save your ass when being over run, ,you throw one and all the zombies chase after it and as they all surround it it blows up (good way of getting crawlers too)

Speed Cola:

Effectively buying a can of Red Bull, look out for the machine to buy it as it sends your reload into mega speed mode.

I cant remember the name but there is one that gives you extra strength if you are hit and there is quick revive too.

Multi play:

Simple as it sounds if you dont have a mic your screwed as you need to communicate, reloading, when you have breaches and especially when you have a "Max Ammo" what people don't realise is that if you only have a few in your clip when you get this perk although you will get your reserve ammo maxed up, what you have in the clip stays the same so everybody needs to reload before getting it.

Oh yeh if you have brought a weapon off the wall and you are low on ammo going back to the wall where you brought it and trying to buy it again replenishes your ammo :winkold:

Transporters:

Once linked up one should turn into a machine which upgrades your weapon, it will max the ammo and not only gice it a cool silver design but it will be mega powerfull!

Hope that helps :winkold:

Only gripe I have with this is that you can only hear gunfire from an opponent when it is hitting you. If there is someone stood 1 inch from you getting hit by an enemy you can't hear them getting shot. MW2 was better in this respect. However I do like the fact that domination ranks Flag captures over kills to stop campers. Cooey!!!

Stick with it. I thought exactly the same at first but it really has grown on me. The guns are a bit more difficult to use but at least each category now has a purpose, as opposed to MW2 where there was little point in using anything except the assault rifles. Speaking of assault rifles, I tried to rename one of my classes 'Assault' and was told that I wasn't allowed as I had used a profanity!

I played a low stakes gun game wager match last night, great fun! Especially as I managed to win it by going through every gun despite sucking at this game!

Stick with it. I thought exactly the same at first but it really has grown on me. The guns are a bit more difficult to use but at least each category now has a purpose, as opposed to MW2 where there was little point in using anything except the assault rifles. Speaking of assault rifles, I tried to rename one of my classes 'Assault' and was told that I wasn't allowed as I had used a profanity!

I played a low stakes gun game wager match last night, great fun! Especially as I managed to win it by going through every gun despite sucking at this game!

yeh i felt the same but love it now

I much prefer Black Ops to MW2. I think on the whole the maps are more interesting, and you don't get someone getting to 5 kills then automatically getting 30 as a result of kill streak rewards. Knifing someone is completely hit and miss though, I've killed and been killed by slashing somewhere in the rough vicinity of a patch of air someone was in a scond or two earlier.

Â