Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

Just a little achievement i unlocked yesterday.

When at the main menu repeatedly tap RT & LT until you break your handcuffs and you are rewarded with 15G 8)

Doesnt work on teh PC version I dont think. Just keeps asking me if I want to resume game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having completed the single player and played a bit of the multiplayer, and despite some good new ideas (Wager Matches etc) this game is good, but Modern Warfare 2 is better.

The spawning in the multiplayer is a bit of a mess aswell. A few times i've spawn right behind an enemy player, and vice versa, or i'll be shooting someone, and one of his team mates will drop back into the game behind him.

Really? Based on what?

I've had about 5-10 bad spawns in about 50 games, whilst MW2 was 5 bad spawns per game. The only way this spawn could be worse would be if it spawned you all in one little room.

Go back to MW2, go play Free for all and tell me that spawn system isn't completely and utterly broken.

Based on both the single and multiplayer parts of the game, yes, i do think MW2 is better.

MW2 is really polished, it looks great, and it plays really well. I liked the single player in MW2 more so than BOps. The constantly spawning enemies is annoying, the game forces you to run into trouble in order to progress, which is fine on the lower difficulty levels, but i shouldnt imagine its as forgiving when playing on Vet.

As for the multiplayer, again i preferred MW2, got on really well with it, never really had an problems with boosters, spawning or anything like that. BOps brings some good new ideas to the table like the Wager Matches aswell as the currency system, but i prefer MW2. Just personal preference, i'm not saying BOps is a bad game though.

RE the spawning on mutliplayer, it's only happened to me a handful of times, but i've been reading other forums, and there are quite a few complaining about it, the game just drops you into the middle of a fire fight.

Having completed the single player and played a bit of the multiplayer, and despite some good new ideas (Wager Matches etc) this game is good, but Modern Warfare 2 is better.

The spawning in the multiplayer is a bit of a mess aswell. A few times i've spawn right behind an enemy player, and vice versa, or i'll be shooting someone, and one of his team mates will drop back into the game behind him.

Really? Based on what?

I've had about 5-10 bad spawns in about 50 games, whilst MW2 was 5 bad spawns per game. The only way this spawn could be worse would be if it spawned you all in one little room.

Go back to MW2, go play Free for all and tell me that spawn system isn't completely and utterly broken.

Based on his experience of playing the game I'd have thought. Mine too. The spawing system is wrong.

The amount of bullets it takes to kill someone with Last Stand is insane... basically have to empty an entire mag on them. This feels like Halo.

On a better note... Ghost, Silencer and Steady Aim have increased my KD ratio from about 1:2 to 2:1.

Looking down scope is a thing of the past!

The amount of bullets it takes to kill someone with Last Stand is insane... basically have to empty an entire mag on them. This feels like Halo.

On a better note... Ghost, Silencer and Steady Aim have increased my KD ratio from about 1:2 to 2:1.

Looking down scope is a thing of the past!

I take it your not playing hardcore?

I had this the other day, i could wait to get to level 19 to open up hardcore.

I like the way it tells you your ratio mid game, nice touch :thumb:

One thing that does piss me off is when you drop a care package, hide to spot any would be stealers, you sprint out to the package and as you press 'B' to crouch you do that cammo roll thing and launcg over the package! :lol:

They have 1 health point in last stand it's just that whilst they are falling into last stand they are invincible, and that's why it seems ridiculous.

The perk should have been taken out altogether :?

Graphics are worse than MW2, but I feel the way the maps are coloured make it more pleasing on the eye, for me personally.

About the only negative I can come up with so far is in the pre-game lobby you have the option to pick a previous map, why not just get to pick between 2 new maps + random? All in all, this is what Call of Duty is meant to be, killstreaks, what killstreaks?

All in all, this is what Call of Duty is meant to be, killstreaks, what killstreaks?
Yeah, they feel just like rewards now, for 7 kills you have a chance to get another two or three, rather than another 20.

The gunship is hilariously overpowered, but then again I don't think I've ever seen one used besides when I have.

How many maps are there in this anyway? I seem to be going round the same three or four maps over and over again. Are some maps reserved for certain types of games because of their size?

The weapons also look and sound better in MW2, as do some of the killstreak rewards. The apache for example, about seven kills i think it is, you could be forgiven for not actually knowing it was there. You can't hear it, and it doesnt get you many kills. It must have a scilencer on its minigun! If someone had one of those, or a pave low, up in MW2, you know about it.

have to say im disappointed in this game, graphics are not as goods as mw2. The guns look and sound like toy ones, maps are big and good but you seem to get stuck on stuff and are unable hide in bushes or under things. the zombie maps look good but all the runways are to narrow and they catch you easy you cant run around them that easily.

The weapons also look and sound better in MW2, as do some of the killstreak rewards. The apache for example, about seven kills i think it is, you could be forgiven for not actually knowing it was there. You can't hear it, and it doesnt get you many kills. It must have a scilencer on its minigun! If someone had one of those, or a pave low, up in MW2, you know about it.

I do agree with this, I think Infinity Ward are the better developers but they really did mess up on MW2, the problems that that game had were too big to be over looked and ruined the experience. This game has addressed every single one of those problems, literally. This game is what Modern Warfare 2 should have been, sure it's not graphically as good, nor does it sound as crisp but the gameplay really outclasses MW2 IMO.

I think the game is good but its aesthetic is undoubtedly inferior to CoD4 and even the overall execution of MW2. It just doesn't feel like Call of Duty. Treyarch smugly stating that THEY will support the game unlike those rotters at IW, whilst ignoring the fact that the reason MW2 wasn't supported is that Activision reneged on contracts and agreed pay is pissing me off more and more by the day, too. The very fact that half the good stuff in this game is ripped wholesale from IW's code and innovation, work for which they haven't even been paid for, and Treyarch think it's seemly to take credit for it... it just grinds my gears. They're standing on the shoulders of a giant without the technical or creative ability to improve or even equal what has gone before.

Taken from another forum. The person that posted it is quite right.

Lets hope we see another top quality FPS from the guys that left IW to join EA. Shame, them greedy words removed at Activision have gone and ruined a good thing.

I think the game is good but its aesthetic is undoubtedly inferior to CoD4 and even the overall execution of MW2. It just doesn't feel like Call of Duty. Treyarch smugly stating that THEY will support the game unlike those rotters at IW, whilst ignoring the fact that the reason MW2 wasn't supported is that Activision reneged on contracts and agreed pay is pissing me off more and more by the day, too. The very fact that half the good stuff in this game is ripped wholesale from IW's code and innovation, work for which they haven't even been paid for, and Treyarch think it's seemly to take credit for it... it just grinds my gears. They're standing on the shoulders of a giant without the technical or creative ability to improve or even equal what has gone before.

Taken from another forum. The person that posted it is quite right.

Lets hope we see another top quality FPS from the guys that left IW to join EA. Shame, them greedy words removed at Activision have gone and ruined a good thing.

I agree with most of it, apart from the thing with Activision, IW had far too much to change and bluntly refused to sort out the One Man Army problem before the problems with Activison began, that's looking for excuses considering MW2 did release patches whilst the entire community was crying for the same glaring problems to be changed. They didn't support the game anything like they could and should have.

How long did it take for them to sort out the Javelin glitch? Two days. Care package glitch? About a week, but that was put back after the PS3 released one didn't work. They even patched a killstreak error regarding the Pave Low in around february time. But they ignored the massive amount of problems in the gameplay.

I will say that Treyarch are basically learning from MW2's mistakes, and if they were given another crack at it next november, IW would have probably made a brilliant game. But that's irrelevant, I love what Treyarch have done, I don't think it is as good a game as MW2 technically speaking, but it makes up for it where it matters, gameplay. I'm really not arsed about brilliant graphics if the gameplay is better, which it is, hugely IMO.

Â