Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I'm so baffled as to why on earth we wouldn't want KP back in the team? He's done everything that's been asked of him. He's turned down a massive pay day in the IPL, he's playing County Cricket, and he's getting big runs! Every team in world cricket would have him in their team. No one can touch him, when he's on it. Absolute madness, and all because he sent a few stupid text messages?! What a crock of shit!

• Like 3

I think the issue is that its personal reason and not professional which makes it stink so much. If Pietersen was in average form and England batsmen were playing brilliant you could understand it but he was top scorer in last Ashes yet he took the blame as he and Carberry only players dropped from it

• Like 2

It seems like the ECB has made the bold decision to continue to be terrible for the forseeable future.

Yes, KP is a ****, but so was Warne. You manage your superstars and make sure that their position never becomes untenable. The best batsman in English cricket has probably 5 good years of cricket left if he wants them, and he's finished because the leadership in the England team has been so poor.

• Like 3

Yes I agree Thunderpower Its about managing individuals. It wouldn't happen in football. For me Vaughan should have got the job not Strauss. He's too much in bed with Cook. 

• Like 1

Apparantly, In Strauss's press conference, KP was offered a job in as advisory role to the one day team but turned it down. 

Thats bollocks. They dont trust him to do what he does play but they trust him to to soemthing he has no experience at. 

• Like 3

Apparantly, In Strauss's press conference, KP was offered a job in as advisory role to the one day team but turned it down. 

Thats bollocks. They dont trust him to do what he does play but they trust him to to soemthing he has no experience at. 

Its a slap in the face to him as well!  Everyone knew he was heading to that meeting with only thoughts of playing.

Just seems like Strauss has an ego that wont bend; get over yourself and do whats best for the team.

• Like 1

So KP isn't trusted enough to be in the side, but is trusted enough to be an adviser to the ODI side? What a load of **** shit.

Oh and on a brighter note, we destroyed the pears at Edgbaston. Happy days.  :)

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 1

Â