Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

A bit late but...

The Z's feel good in the hand, a little heavier than you would expect but this gives a premium feel. Beautiful screen, really fast, great camera... the Z's battery isn't as good as the Z1 (it's older, but with standard amount of use it will run the day and end on 22%).

The Z1 is used with bluetooth (linked with the Smartwatch, which is great btw), music for around two hours a day, web browsing constant, emails synced constant, the odd game (2048, memory games), twitter synced (Falcon Pro)... and it ended yesterday with 32% battery.

I was also in/out of a 4g signal area, on/off wifi and using the voice recorder.

Cracking phone.

I have the Quick Circle case, it doesn't seem to catch dirt like my S3 flip-case thingy and you can remove it easily as it 'snaps' onto the back of your phone rather than replacing the back of it. It's surprisingly quite handy, being able to make calls and such without the need to open it up, although I'm not sure about safety as I'm pretty weary with my tech stuff so haven't dropped it yet.

Also, a special mentions to the earphones you get with the G3, they really aren't that bad at all in terms of sound quality. Surprised me as I thought I'd need to invest in a new pair.

So Nexus 6 to have a 5.9 inch display..........I might miss this one I think.

Nothing announced yet but the internet is taking the leaks and running with them.  Someone has done a mock up vs the iPhone 6:

qFXJBdx.jpg

It all depends on how it is designed. The LG G3 has a 5.5inch screen IIRC but because of the microscopic bezels it feels much smaller in hand than say the Samsung Note 3 does. I wouldn't dismiss a handset on the basis of screen size alone without having felt it first because the design of the phone hides a lot sins. 

What do people use for Podcasts on Android?

I use Doggcatcher, which is ok, but there's a few little things it does that bug me so I'd be interested if there's any better alternatives.

Doggcatcher appears to override my google music.
So if I connect via bluetooth to my car, Doggcatcher starts playing, and there doesn't appear to be a way to stop it doing that.

It's also started doing weird stuff with my downloads. The latest few podcasts I've had it appears to be re-downloading them everytime I play them. i.e. I'll play half, pause it. Then when I come back the podcast is gone and it has to re-download to play it.

Only minor things, but enough to make me want to try another one if there are better alternatives.

If it's just a system board increment with a bigger screen then I probably won't bother. My 5 is the perfect size (if not a little big) for me. I don't want a phablet.

Doggcatcher appears to override my google music.

So if I connect via bluetooth to my car, Doggcatcher starts playing, and there doesn't appear to be a way to stop it doing that.

It's also started doing weird stuff with my downloads. The latest few podcasts I've had it appears to be re-downloading them everytime I play them. i.e. I'll play half, pause it. Then when I come back the podcast is gone and it has to re-download to play it.

Only minor things, but enough to make me want to try another one if there are better alternatives.

I use doubletwist for both podcasts and music. Really happy. No issues at all.

Â